Hussein Chalayan Men's Wear

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Spacemiu, Jun 23, 2003.

1. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Lovely spectre imagery on those pieces. A bit too simple for my taste though...unlike those skeleton pieces :D

2. droogist

droogist spoilt victorian child

Sorry, no. I get the feeling that my knowledge of Chalayan isn't nearly as encyclopedic as you might think. :D

3. faust

faust New Member

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: :lol:

4. droogist

droogist spoilt victorian child

Curiouser and curiouser...I could have sworn that there was a completely different store in its place - I guess that was about 3 months ago now. And you can imagine my surprise, at the time...Well, seeing as you were just there, I suppose the obvious conclusion is that I must be either mistaken, or delusional - glad to hear it. :blush: :D (Btw, is the store still called Onward, or have they changed the name to Via Bus Stop?)

And thanks for posting those pics, nqth! Very nice.

5. faust

faust New Member

Oooohhh! You just commited a cardinal sin against Chalayan by not giving the pieces benefit of the dobut on possible complex treatments of the lining, hidden details, etc. Bad boy! :lol:

6. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

chalayan menswear is sold at bloomingdales downtown on bdwy...

not very impressive imo...
    and really really pricey...

7. faust

faust New Member

From the main line? :shock: Yes, it is very pricey, I don't know why.

8. haoshcn

haoshcn Active Member

If SOHO Bloomingdale's selection of Hussein Chalayan are boring, it's more likely the problem of the way they buy it rather than that of Hussein Chalyan's design. I went to that store everytime I was in New York, and everytime I was dissappointed. Last time I was there in March, and their selections were kind of like trendier and more expensive version of Bloomingdale in..... Mall of America! The only things I found interesting were some pieces from Ermanno Scervino and Collection Privee which were outrageously expensive. The Viktor&Rolf they bought were like Banana Republic, and Comme des Garcons Shirt were like Gap, it's just unbelievable.:innocent:

#48 haoshcn, Sep 9, 2005
    Last edited by moderator Macmaverick: Sep 9, 2005
  9. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

And normally I would but for the same reasons I see alot of reservation about Branquinho Homme,overall it's just basically dull:ninja: :P

Haoshcn,we are talking Bloomies though. This is the major pit-stop for most every cheesy Middle American tourist that goes to NY. I think next time you should head to Barney's...they sell Chalayan,non?

10. faust

faust New Member

A very good point.