i-D Fall 2012

subway 123

Reaction score
The Role Model Issue, Fall 2012
Cover 1 of 16

Raven-haired rising star Kolfinna Kristófersdóttir wears Margaret Howell on the first of our sixteen Fall Issue covers! Photography: Boo George. Styling: Caroline Newell.

facebook /i-D magazine (official)

Raven-haired rising star Kolfinna Kristófersdóttir wears Margaret Howell on the first of our sixteen Fall Issue covers! Photography: Boo George. Styling: Caroline Newell.
Oh come on, seriously? :lol:

I love Kolfinna and I like the attitude in this cover. This is really nice :heart: Boo George is on a roll, I'm seeing his name everywhere at the moment which is great because I enjoy most of his work.

Sixteen covers? Great, they get more and more ridiculous as time goes by. At this point every subject in the magazine has a cover.

I dont get them at all. WHy 16 covers? Why to have 2 amazing covers, 4 good covers and the rest boring or mediocre when you can simply do 4 with great covers.
Anyway this is a beautiful cover. The problem will be the rest...

btw Linda has a cover, right?

You know, they should just become a monthly mag if they want to produce so many covers. Anyways, is this the icons issue with Isabeli and Natasha?

i really love this cover and it would have been perfect as just this, but what do they have to go and do? that's right! a billion more covers.

Ugh, I loathe the idea of 16 covers, seriously. The first one is really nice, though. I guess it's her nose ring, it reminds me of Tasha Tillberg :smile:heart:smile:.

btw Linda has a cover, right?

That’s not all… our #RoleModelIssue features one of the most ambitious fashion shoots ever attempted – from Daniele + Iango, Patti Wilson and a cast of supers -
from i-D

Yes Linda Evangelista, Gisele Bundchen, Natasha Poly, Guinevere Van Seenus, Isabeli Fontana and Amber Valletta are the supers ;-) They shot it in June.
Can't wait to see it :clap:

I bet i'll end up with a none super cover in my whSmiths then.. Just like the Charlotte Free cover.

I'd rather get Kolfinna's cover than any of the supers. I am just not imagining those covers being very good. :lol:

I'm liking Kolfinna's cover, but 16 covers.:huh:
Soon every single person who buys the mag will have their own personal cover.
Seriously though, they need to calm down with the multiple covers.

wow, Kolfinna (will never learn to write her last name :lol:) + Boo + Margaret :heart: the other covers aren't really necessary because this is already amazing, though I'm admittedly looking forward to seeing them (especially Gisele's - hoping it's not by Matt, I like his work but I'm expecting something new).

Soon every single person who buys the mag will have their own personal cover.

I've always thought that - at some point - a magazine will produce a mirrored-effect cover, designed so that the reader can see themselves as the cover subject, as a post-modern commentary on celebrity and the elevation of ordinary people as fashion icons on the internet. Or something of that nature.

I always wondered if UK Vogue's Dec 1999 silver foil millennial cover was supposed to do that - reflect the reader's face - but I can't remember the press releases mentioning it as a reason for using the special paper.

Kolfinna's cover is absolutely lovely, it's certainly striking. But the prospect of sixteen cover's is so daunting. Why do they need that many? I think I-D's magazine staff needs to learn that sometimes less is more. Plus, how do you create an iconic cover if you have sixteen different covers? In the end probably none of them will be truly memorable in the long run. Whereas if I-D produced one, maybe two covers people would be more likely to remember the issue and the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought that - at some point - a magazine will produce a mirrored-effect cover, designed so that the reader can see themselves as the cover subject, as a post-modern commentary on celebrity and the elevation of ordinary people as fashion icons on the internet. Or something of that nature.

I always wondered if UK Vogue's Dec 1999 silver foil millennial cover was supposed to do that - reflect the reader's face - but I can't remember the press releases mentioning it as a reason for using the special paper.

This is exactly that (referring to your first comment on the mirror cover effect on the readers). Actually Franca Sozzani said something like this last year if I remember; about the era where the readers want to see themselves as cover subjects.

You're also right on your second comment (about UK Vogue's 1999 cover). I remember reading and seeing a video of Alexandra Shulman editor of British Vogue talking about the idea of that cover to serve as a mirror and being the main reason to use such paper.

Whenever I see i-D threads pop up, immediately I ask myself... "so, how many covers?" That being said, 16 is still quite a surprise! :lol: I also agree with commenters who say that less covers can be as good - if not better - than so many. Let's just hope that most of them deliver.

The Kolfinna cover is decent. Though, I think that the image seems more youthful and playful, and the description of "graceful" isn't a prefect fit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swfrank123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->