i-D Fall 2012

I am sorry but the four covers are just horrific! maybe they really should work harder on just getting one cover right... I mean the cover with Kolfinna is great why bother with the rest... I like when they do up to 3 covers but more than that is just a nightmare... and their cast is becoming a bit repetitive as well... plus getting a cover has become so insignificant... maybe that's what they are trying to achive bcos ppl seem to be obsessed with covers?!;-)

I would rather have one AMAZING cover than 16 mediocre covers. I feel like the people at i-D need to familiarize themselves with the notion of 'quality over quantity.'

The one with Edie is repulsive. It's just how I imagine her, a little bit like Cara. A child.

I would rather have one AMAZING cover than 16 mediocre covers. I feel like the people at i-D need to familiarize themselves with the notion of 'quality over quantity.'

I think they want to cater to many peoples taste, magazines like Vogue Paris put one cover out each month and it gets slated.

16 covers is excessive but there is bound to be one that fits each and everyones tastes.

^ Yes, but they had a handful of covers in which they styled each model the same and made them wear the same wigs, so that they all looked alike. It's just a waste. I can understand doing a couple of covers to cater to different tastes, but then they should actually make each cover look different. I was more appreciative of their multiple covers when they only had 4 or 5 each season because they were all so different. But this crap... I don't know what this crap is.

^ not to mention, such big amount lower your chances of getting the one you actually like the most.

unless you're a subscriber, because this way you may be almost sure that you won't get what you want :rolleyes::wink:

16 covers... And I hate those 4 with Aymeline. Please, stop with the travesti make-up.

^ not to mention, such big amount lower your chances of getting the one you actually like the most.

unless you're a subscriber, because this way you may be almost sure that you won't get what you want :rolleyes::wink:

Exactly. Whenever they do this covers galore, I practically don't stand a chance to get one I almost exclusively want. Happns almost every time though; it's certainly much less annoying for me whenever there is a smaller range of covers to choose from...
But it's not just the question of sold out covers, from what I know those very few newstands/bookstores in my city don't even receive this whole... spectrum of covers in the first place. :doh:
I wonder if it's any easier to track down your favourite cover in the UK then?

You can't please everybody, and it only gets more troublesome when you try to. :innocent:

Once again I know i'm going to walk into whSmith's are see Edie's cover staring right at me, just like I did with Charlottes pizza shot!

I wonder if it's any easier to track down your favourite cover in the UK then?

What happens in my area is that one store will get eight copies of one cover, then another store might carry five copies each of two other covers... but there never seems to be a true mix of all the covers on sale together.

In general, each time they come out, I can't say I'm seeing that much thought or design going into most of these covers available for sale, they're usually some so-so picture with a few words slapped on the front, which is supposed to impress me in some way.

To me, truly creative cover design comes when people are forced to operate within strict commercial parameters, yet manage to produce a fantastic compromise between creative expression and sales appeal. It's not about selecting half-baked shots and then trying to pretend you're scaling the heights of creativity because you've only placed one word on the page.

i-D used to do great covers, they did so for decades. The magazine's general design was legendary. Why has it become so difficult for them to recapture that formula? Why do we now have cover diarrhoea in place of issues to remember?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annhedonia Beretta
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->