i-D Winter 2009 : Georgia Jagger by Paolo Roversi | Lara Stone | Supermodels

I can't wait to see the other covers. I'm very excited :buzz:

I love Georgia May and am so happy to see her getting more and more work, but I dislike this cover. She looks marmy and a bit frumpy. I just cannot stand the Victorian styling. Also, this reminds me a lot of Lara's W cover from this year. It really irks me that all of these editors keep preening Georgia May to look like Lara. Everyone keeps on calling her a "Lara rip-off," which is totally unfair to Georgia. It's not her fault that all of these magazine editors keep on styling her to look like Lara's doppelganger. If she really wants to have a career of her own-- and I think it is possible-- Georgia May needs to find her own uniqueness and embrace it.

And "Lara-Look" wasn't necessary there, since Lara has her own cover.

I didn't thought I would say this but Georgia is getting more & more interesting for me... But I love Lara very much also.

Can´t wait to see Lara´s :woot:
Thanks for posting Northern Star!

If Lara has her own cover, then don't you think they would have styled Georgia a bit differently and less Lara-like? Unless the third model will be styled in Lara's likeness as well :lol:!

I see Georgia May as this innocent yet precocious Lolita figure and Lara as more of a brazen, provocative bombshell femme fatale. I ADORE both of them, but it makes me a bit upset that Georgia May is getting underwritten. Yes, Georgia May looks innocent on the cover, but in a frumpy, dowdy way. I see her as more of a young, free, sexually aware soul than a marmy farm girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
by the way, will this be the cover they talked about in UK Vogue? lara naked with jamie dornan...?

I like the cover. It's so subtle and she almost child-like there.

AND if I saw the comparison between her and Lara again..

I feel annoyed to say that... but that's gorgeous! What a cute face...

2nd cover by Kayt Jones:

2jaxppf.jpg

(models.com)

well i wasn't expecting something like that... but i'm pleasantly surprised actually! they're both interesting, or even amazing...!

There is no denying that Georiga's cover isn't good. But I freakin' love Eva, Claudia and Helena's!

OMG, stunning cover! One Model Management must be so happy :buzz:

2nd cover by Kayt Jones:

(models.com)

OH MY GOD ! :buzz:
This cover is PERFECTION ! :woot:

Btw, can anyone repost the 1st cover scanned by Northern ? I can't see it, don't get why :( :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->