The 'Handbag & Small Leather Goods ID' Thread

hi. my friend grabbed this miu miu bag for the ridiculous price of 350€ on ebay. is it real? if so, i can't believe it!
%21BWYhuvw%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DQEjlLlu3hQBK%28LpSu3%21%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

%21BWYiR9g%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoH-DsEjlLl%29w%21eBK%28LrBGKIg%7E%7E_12.JPG

Miu-Miu-tasche-farbe-Fumo-kalb-leder_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a10QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3ef6af5de2QQitemZ270426660322QQptZKleidungQ5fAccessoiresQ5fTaschenQ5fDamentaschenQQsalenotsupported

%21BWYiqd%21%212k%7E$%28KGrHgoH-CMEjlLl0rDjBK%28LsLy2uw%7E%7E_12.JPG

pics from ebay.de

She bought it on May 18th 2009, and she sent me a copy of the receipt. But that doesn't really have to mean anything. It's been used since May, I suspect. She didn't list it as new. I paid $405 for it, and she paid $929 minus a 10% VIP Discount = $836. It says so on the receipt/invoice she had anyway. The thing that bugs me the most is that I've heard that Brendas only have one zipper for the main compartment, and this one has two. A friend suggested the fakes have two and the real ones have one?
The photo here shows the color more. My camera is pretty crap.

In the listing:
"This Bag is Pre Owned, is very good condition, no tears, or signs of wear. Buy-it -Now reflects pre owned condition."

I suspect this is fake. How much did you pay for this; was it advertised as NEW or used? Let me know.

Attachments

• Brenda1.jpg
    Brenda1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert of Wang's bags, that's for sure. I would google search the model and check some comparison photos of the authentics with yours and see what you can make out. That seller (I looked them up on eBay) has had some real issues with feedback and selling fake other items if I have the right seller. Not a good sign.

She bought it on May 18th 2009, and she sent me a copy of the receipt. But that doesn't really have to mean anything. It's been used since May, I suspect. She didn't list it as new. I paid $405 for it, and she paid $929 minus a 10% VIP Discount = $836. It says so on the receipt/invoice she had anyway. The thing that bugs me the most is that I've heard that Brendas only have one zipper for the main compartment, and this one has two. A friend suggested the fakes have two and the real ones have one?

In the listing:
"This Bag is Pre Owned, is very good condition, no tears, or signs of wear. Buy-it -Now reflects pre owned condition."

^ I added a photo to my previous post. It's the same bag, but with a different camera. The "fake stuff" she's been selling was different games and she said in comments to the bad feedback that the buyer had used cheats and corrupted the game, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she's also sold bags that seemed to be ok. I don't know. I don't want it if it's fake. How many days do you have on eBay before you have to open a dispute or something?

I'm no expert of Wang's bags, that's for sure. I would google search the model and check some comparison photos of the authentics with yours and see what you can make out. That seller (I looked them up on eBay) has had some real issues with feedback and selling fake other items if I have the right seller. Not a good sign.

If you paid through Paypal, you have 45 days to dispute a transaction. Ebay won't do anything for you. If you paid with a credit card through Paypal, you'll be covered. If you paid with your checking account through Paypal, that could be problematic in that if the seller has pulled all their funds out of their paypal account, pp will have to chase them for the money. I've been there so I know what I'm talking about. First you need to establish if the bag is authentic or not, and frankly, I'm not an expert on Alexander Wang. I looked at photos I found on ShopBop and those I saw on IOffer (all fakes) and found the authentic bags looked better constructed, etc. Besides if the bag costs approx. $740 brand new, why would the seller be taking roughly half that price if she only had it since May. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You'll have to do your own investigation on authenticity. Find a retailer (local department stores or whomever) who can take a look at it for you, or find a Alexander Wang thread either here or over at the Purse Forum and post your photos and see what they have to say. Sorry, I can't be the definitive word on the bag. If you open a dispute with Paypal they'll expect you to provide proof that the bag is fake, so you'll need that information anyway. Good luck.
NOTE: The fact that this seller has many other same/similar Wang bags and is selling them way below retail is an indicator that these are all fakes. Just FYI.

^ I added a photo to my previous post. It's the same bag, but with a different camera. The "fake stuff" she's been selling was different games and she said in comments to the bad feedback that the buyer had used cheats and corrupted the game, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she's also sold bags that seemed to be ok. I don't know. I don't want it if it's fake. How many days do you have on eBay before you have to open a dispute or something?

As I explained to the other poster, I'm not an expert on Alexander Wang's products. But if the ebay seller has a number of these expensive bags (which her seller DOES) and is selling them for half-price, I suspect fake. I don't know what your situation is, but you'll have to evaluate the seller and see how trustworthy they are by feedback and whether or not they are selling a lot of the same model/style/designer at prices way below retail.

Could someone please authenticate this Brenda as well? TIA:flower:

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics