The 'Handbag & Small Leather Goods ID' Thread

In order to authenticate we'd need to see a lot more photos. However, why don't you post it in the LV thread and see what they think. Or you can post over at the purse forum in authenticate this LV, however, they'll need a lot more photos to give an opinion. Since you're sure about it, why not just use and enjoy it.:flower:

I recently bought a LV tote at an upscale thrift vintage store (not many designer items - but a few that were described in detail.

I was skeptical - because I am not a LV expert - but I can spot a bad knock of easily. I examined it inside and out - and determined it was real - because the quality seemed IMPECABLE (every stitch was in PERFECT condition and looked hand sewn - even though the bag was used). Also - it didn't seem like a model that is usually knocked off. All buttons etc. are stamped.

I asked if they were sure it was authentic - and the sales people said they were nearly 100% sure. They said that when they received designer items - they did their best to authenticate it. They said knock-offs come in regularly from donations - and they price those at next to nothing and put "knock off" on the label. Items deemed authentic are put in their high-end case (where this was). Also - one of their SAs used to work at Macys - IN handbags but not LV - and said she could tell. I trusted them that while they could not be 100% sure - everyone determindes it to be authentic.

I apologize about the quality of the photos - my camera broke =( so I had to take it on webcam. Let me know if you need clearer photos.

Thanks in advance!!!

edit: please do not quote images

photos - me

Last edited by a moderator:
Please help! They're sunglasses, I hope that's ok
2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
4-3.jpg
[/FONT]​
6-1.jpg

5-3.jpg
1-2.jpg

ebay.co.uk

please! i'm desperate. Thanks

It's fine to post them. These look FAKE, however, to be certain have the seller provide a photo of the other inside arm. I need to see the markings. How much is the seller asking? I can tell a lot by the price.

Please help! They're sunglasses, I hope that's ok

ebay.co.uk​

please! i'm desperate. Thanks​

Last edited by a moderator:
Miz- thank you.
Can you tell anything by the serial number? because I have that. And the seller's auction starts at £50 which isn't that much but they might be expecting it to rise ;/

I actually need to see the font used on the glasses; that's where the tell is.
I highly suspect these are fake. There have been a rash of this style showing up on ebay and all have been fakes. The authentic pair, were they ever to appear, would end up going for over $3,000 USD, I'm positive.

Miz- thank you.
Can you tell anything by the serial number? because I have that. And the seller's auction starts at £50 which isn't that much but they might be expecting it to rise ;/

^Yeah this style pops up A LOT and so far I haven't seen a single authentic pair

I recently bought a LV tote at an upscale thrift vintage store (not many designer items - but a few that were described in detail.

I was skeptical - because I am not a LV expert - but I can spot a bad knock of easily. I examined it inside and out - and determined it was real - because the quality seemed IMPECABLE (every stitch was in PERFECT condition and looked hand sewn - even though the bag was used). Also - it didn't seem like a model that is usually knocked off. All buttons etc. are stamped.

I asked if they were sure it was authentic - and the sales people said they were nearly 100% sure. They said that when they received designer items - they did their best to authenticate it. They said knock-offs come in regularly from donations - and they price those at next to nothing and put "knock off" on the label. Items deemed authentic are put in their high-end case (where this was). Also - one of their SAs used to work at Macys - IN handbags but not LV - and said she could tell. I trusted them that while they could not be 100% sure - everyone determindes it to be authentic.

I apologize about the quality of the photos - my camera broke =( so I had to take it on webcam. Let me know if you need clearer photos.

Thanks in advance!!!

photos - me

I posted a reply for you where I saw your question first, in the Louis Vuitton questions thread. Here is my response:

That Louis Vuitton bag would be from the 2006 Spring/Summer Monogram Charms line. I don't recognize the style and I am trying to research it right now. My first thought is that it is not real, unfortunately, but I cannot answer for you for sure. Those bags were made of silk and coated in a shiny clear vinyl, and just about all the styles had a little gold lock attached to the name plate. The handles had chains and not all leather. I also think they would have made the name plate brown and not pale in order to match the rest of the leather. I could be wrong, so you may want to wait for someone who knows more than I do.

hello,can you help to tell me if this is a authentic one?

CK%E9%BB%91%E5%8C%85%E5%A4%A7%E5%8F%A3%E8%A2%8B-1%20%E6%8B%B7%E8%B4%9D.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Prada-Fairies-Fairy-Handbag_W0QQitemZ230353464173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item35a222eb6d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A4|39%3A1|72%3A1685|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

It's probably fake but I just want to check.
Thanks!

What bag is this? I can't tell from the photos. The website address doesn't sound like it's one that sells authentic goods, but not sure. Sorry, not much help to you.

hello,can you help to tell me if this is a authentic one?

This is FAKE.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Prada-Fairies-Fairy-Handbag_W0QQitemZ230353464173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item35a222eb6d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A4|39%3A1|72%3A1685|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

It's probably fake but I just want to check.
Thanks!

This one? Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHLOE-TRACY-bag-whisky-and-taupe-leather_W0QQitemZ160345935994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item25555cd07a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A4|39%3A1|72%3A1685|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A200

Hopefully someone else will come along to help you. I stopped caring about Chloe after the Paddington went south. Sorry I can't help with this one.

This one? Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHLOE-TRACY-bag-whisky-and-taupe-leather_W0QQitemZ160345935994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Bags?hash=item25555cd07a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A4|39%3A1|72%3A1685|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A200

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->