Isabel Toledo for Payless

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
According to WWD, she is designing a shoe and handbag collection for them.

"It’s a treat to be able to touch as many women as I will,” the designer said.
Isabel Toledo for Payless line will feature an array of shapes, including flats, square heels and stylish galoshes for a rainy day

It will be available in September.

I wish she was doing a clothing collection for Target instead. i think she could have taken over from Mizrahi.

update from wwd

Isabel Toledo will finally unveil her Payless Source collection today, with an editor luncheon at Casa Lever. The designs promise to be “pure Toledo — playful, bold and strong,” she says, noting that comfort was a major must-have as well. “I’m a walker. I wanted to address that.” Set to launch in September at Payless stores and payless.com, the collection features seven shoe styles and two handbags. There’s the requisite nod to Toledo’s Spanish heritage — the Cuban heel gillie, for instance — as well as her sense of humor. The designer gave her accessories names such as “Almost a Slingback,” “Poodle Boot” and “Film Noir Bootie.”

Attachments

• isabel2.jpg
    isabel2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 3
  • isabel3.jpg
    isabel3.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
justjared

Attachments

• toledo.jpg
    toledo.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 2
collete is france is carrying some of the line now. or you can wait until september 7th.

here's a pic from collete

Attachments

• payless.jpg
    payless.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1
hmm....not sure about those. WWD just wrote that they would feature Ruben's drawings on them, but perhaps they were referring to the bags. I think these look pretty cheap-o if you ask me :/ The target collab was better?

It's interesting that Colette has them! I think they are kind of cute in a fug way!

more pics from payless

Attachments

• isabel1.jpg
    isabel1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 0
  • isabel2.jpg
    isabel2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1
  • isabel4.jpg
    isabel4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1
the red soles are wicked cool. i'd love to own her designs. i'm petite so i'm all about a chunky stacked heel and platforms at least for work, somewhat for vanity but more for practicality; so i can reach more stuff! it's strange all the flats i've tried had zero support. maybe her's are different and built for comfort?

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the drawings better than the actual shoes...
not sure at all about that sole...

:ermm:>..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->