Attachments

• giovedi10marzo_5.jpg
    giovedi10marzo_5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 55
  • giovedi10marzo_6.jpg
    giovedi10marzo_6.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 47
utopia said:
looking the most fashionable of the lot! ^_^ thanks for the great pics, as always :flower:

I was just thinking, no one of those has any great style except the girl in the hat and jeans, I mean it! you look comfortable in your clothes and that jacket I have to have. where is it from?

emi25 said:
Some pics from my lunchbreak in Piazza del Popolo in Rome...All italians dress the same way more or less...:unsure:

:lol: that's so true!

emi25 said:
more..(the girl with the hat in the post above is me:blush: )

it's easy to see that you're not italian :wink:

in italy most of the people has no fashion insight... people are more focused on looking all the same rather than looking "the one" (ok, I know it, my english sucks :lol:).
plus, the more you go south, the more you sink into boredom as far as clothing is concerned. by the way, Milan I think is the best, and still sucks :rolleyes:
and we are sooo concerned about griffe/label... even the disgusting ones like Richmond or Lonsdale or Nike are must-have for the masses

I wish Italy was inhabited by Japanese people, that would be so much funnier :lol:

oh, but I have to say that I have been to the US, to Japan, and in 2/3 of Europe, but everywhere you go only 1 out of 10 (20?) person is worth looking at for her look.

ok, enough with the "thumbs down" part of the post.

Ami, I see that you live in Rome. If you like electronic music you shouldn't miss the Dissonanze 05 festival which will be held in may. There are going to be Richie Hawtin, Magda, Ricardo Villalobos, Matmos and many others playing, along with visual performers and such... I hope I'll be able to come for a couple of days... that's gonna be huge! :mohawk:

MaLkAv said:
...people are more focused on looking all the same rather than looking "the one" (ok, I know it, my english sucks :lol:).
yay, you explained it in the most exact way :flower: true. true .true. not only in italy.

MaLkAv said:
in italy most of the people has no fashion insight... people are more focused on looking all the same rather than looking "the one" (ok, I know it, my english sucks :lol:).
plus, the more you go south, the more you sink into boredom as far as clothing is concerned. by the way, Milan I think is the best, and still sucks :rolleyes:
and we are sooo concerned about griffe/label... even the disgusting ones like Richmond or Lonsdale or Nike are must-have for the masses

That's so true... I 'm living in Rome right now and the dressing sense really sucks here. All these girls with straight hair, huge sunglasses, baggy pants and the latest Miss Sixty tops drive me a bit crazy :sick: I think they are somewhat still stuck in that '80's' phase. And in the highstreet shops you see cheap Roberto Cavalli copies everywhere... I so much began to appreciate fashion in my homecountry/town :smile: (of course there are exceptions)
btw in Holland/Belgium 'Londsdale' is getting a bad reputation as it worn by racists (the letters nsda would refer to hitler's nsdap) and in Italy everyone is wearing it :huh:

Nice pics emi from Roma...brought back many memories. I still remember when some summers ago all the stores were selling huge beaded necklaces and accesories lol

Nice link, Crazy_K. i love how just about everyone rides bikes no matter what they're wearing :heart:

italystreetstyle.jpg

Aww, how cute! I want to live in a place where people ride bikes! The air must be much cleaner!

So I am going to Italy, the fashion capitol of the world!!! this winter and I was wondering if anyone else has been to Italy lately? What is hot over there right now?

I'd really like to blend in as much as possible or as much as possible being light skinned, blue eyed with blonde hair!

I've heard that one can easily be spotted as an American tourist by donning white sneakers (which I never wear anyway, so OK, I'm good to go here), jeans- other than very dark indigo wash or black, or tees with words on them (does this mean I can't wear my "this is my party shirt" top ? :P

I know I can't go wrong with my Coach Sharma or Andi boots at night but I'll most definitely twist my ankle touring on foot through Rome's cobblestone streets during the day! What about my classic tall sand Uggs (gasp!)? :blush: Are Uggs a complete joke over there? Should I spare myself the embaressment? I still wear them here (in Boston) and I really don't care if they are in or out but in Italy, I don't want to stand tooooo much.

If anyone has any Italy experiences/stories, I'd love to hear them!

Lipgloss Kisses,

Dior Addict

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->