Jacquemus S/S 2019 Paris

I'm sorry, but some of it reads as a slightly higher-end Fashion Nova. Not sure what it is.

Lol at the Fashion Nova comparison.

This may have been cute or fresh if NYFW stayed true to being to their dull and irrelevant self, but my God, those Americans really pulled out all sorts of stunts for SS 2019 while proving their ability to interpret summer into their own effortless vocabulary. To the extent that this looks like a money-grabbing pre-spring line for Carolina Herrera.

'Paris' hottest new designer'.......

If only people were so chic in the French Riviera...
It’s a continuation of what he has done for the past 2 seasons but it’s still good.

The real improvement is in the cut and the quality of his garnments.

I love this. It’s sexy, easy, wearable, approachable.
What I like is that Jacquemus is kinda out of the « lieux communs » of French fashion or the Parisian vision of sexiness. It’s not la Parisienne, la bourgeoise..etc. It has nothing to do with what I call « The Palace fashion » of someone like Vauthier.

It’s sexy, kinda in your face but it’s not agressive.
And the cast is stellar!

Now, he needs to stop playing the outcast because this is really a demonstration of power and it shows that he is now a big player in the Parisian scene.

With the quality of his construction being more and more up to what we can expect from someone of his caliber, he needs to be more daring in terms of inspiration.

Well done Simon.

This looks straight out of any summery fast-fashion collection. Cute and all but... just basics. Basic all around.

People can complain about the lack of "design", but this isn't Dior or Balenciaga. This is a young brand from a young guy doing unpretentious, straight forward, and extremely desirable clothes. His work feels so genuine because he is genuine. There's an unabashed, joyful celebration of women (and now men, thankfully!) and their bodies. Clothes for them to wear and feel great, feel empowered, feel sexy, feel free. And I don't know if it's just because of the current fashion era, but this still puts a smile on my face. It's needed and welcome.

love it ! sooo hot . i love it when he does shorter lengths they are so much better than the longer dresses which feel a bit one note

great colours, great hats, love the bag, love the location can't wait to see the video

What I like is that Jacquemus is kinda out of the « lieux communs » of French fashion or the Parisian vision of sexiness. It’s not la Parisienne, la bourgeoise..etc. It has nothing to do with what I call « The Palace fashion » of someone like Vauthier.

That's just it though. His charm can be appreciated solely within the Parisian scope. But as someone with a more global view, the hype which surrounds him evades me because I've been exposed to loads of others who've taken what he's doing here to way more captivating heights. And I imagine the global consumer may feel precisely the same. You can tell by the way fashion editors handle his looks. What's the most memorable and frequently used pieces used in edits and on covers? A straw hat!

Maybe he'll make bank on this, but probably only on some corner shop in France. The cult of Jacquemus is not unique enough to the fashion community and as such will struggle to appeal to consumers outside of France.

“La Bomba” is a tough collection to beat...

Exactly. He set the bar very high with La Bomba. This one looks too standard, disjointed and I can't seem to put my finger on the "fil conducteur".

This is "La Bomba 2: The Revenge". But it feels deactivated (or maybe it has exploded in his brain...I am not sure!).
Department store filler, that´s for sure!

Meh, not my favourite collection of his.
Kinda misses the nonchalant sexiness of his previous collections. Looks a bit too try hard.

This is the incorrect way to do the "Fashion sl*t". First of all, look at how cheap the fabrics look. When your exposing that much skin there has to be some kind of structure, otherwise everything will droop. Nobody wants to see saggy boobs! The level of taste is questionable here. It comes off very Project Runway. For a young designer he sure does have the ego of someone beyond his years and talent. He should sit down and take a look at Gucci by Tom Ford. That is how how you do this look.

Well the cast looks stunning. I would imagine a lot of women would love to look like the models. Problem for jacquemus is that he didn’t elevate these looks enough for when the model isn’t wearing it. Not sure a lot of this can stand alone

what a cast of models spectacular...Also this dude can cut a summer dress lol...But that's it ...very plain & basic for the most part ...the cast & setting is far superior to the clothes here...i feel the hype train might be slowing a touch ..But i like Simon so i will always root for him & buy a few bits from his menswear range until the end ..

He is doing his homework. Smart guy. He will be on top very soon.

This collection is interesting because not so refined, in terms of taste and styling, like the past ones, but still desirable somehow.
Keep the good work Simon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->