J'adore Baby Dior

mdankwah

Reaction score
spacer.gif
DOES John Galliano make you feel broody? He will now. The house of Christian Dior has miniaturised some of its star designer's creations to sell in a new Dior Baby store that is due to open in Knightsbridge on June 8. If the handmade dresses, fur shrugs and logo-smothered pieces are a little beyond budget, however, there is an extensive diffusion line that is so delicious it could do serious damage to your credit card. Think tiny empire-lined cashmere dresses with lacy cuffs and matching knickers, to-die-for floral tiered dresses and weeny bowed booties for the girls and cropped combat pants, cable knit cashmere hoodies and mini-me ski suits for the boys. With prices starting at just £15, it can't be that dangerous – can it? The store, at 6 Harriet Street, will open with a starry garden party hosted by new mother and face of Dior Liberty Ross next month. And just to make things even more tempting, Galliano has designed a supersoft cuddly bear that will go on sale for the first month of the store's opening with all proceeds going to the CLIC Sargent charity. (April 26 2005, AM)
From vogue.com

Baby Dior bear

Attachments

• diorbearB.jpg
    diorbearB.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 15
what a perfect location for all the slonaey moms!
just behind harvey nicks practically :lol:

*boggles*:shock:

Umm...babies...not that I have vast wads of personal experience here, but those really tiny humans who can't talk yet and who poop their pants daily...mercifully they grow at an immense rate of speed. What was once an enormous squalling potato will soon be you know, even bigger, and not so squally, more chatty.

What I'm getting at here, is that I cannot understand who'd buy goodness knows how many $30 outfits for a creature that will need new clothes every month or so. And they say prices starting at 15 quid, so I imagine most of it is way more than £15/$30, which I wouldn't spend on baby clothes anyway.

Also babies? Are wriggly. I've seen what Galliano clothes look like, and I'd die several deaths if I had to thread four squirmy baby limbs through all that fabric and those straps, especially not several times a day, as dictated by pooping, peeing, and barfing scheduling.

Oh yes, the effluvia. "Dry Clean Only" doesn't work for those drooly teething pipsqueakers.

If and when I have a baby, I imagine it will be Target onsies and home-made smocks all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god, it's horrible!!! first the LV teddybear and now this!!

it's the most snob articles! :sick: :sick: :sick:

The Baby Dior is like s seasons out, they still have the DiorSurf collection. Some of it isn't bad but the BabyDiorRasta is so bad I cant even explain it.

Some of the pieces are really cute, it's like regular Dior, you have to hunt.

"designer" baby clothes are just pointless. i'd never waste my money on that if i had children. they'd grow out of the clothes in a week!

As You Like It said:
And they say prices starting at 15 quid, so I imagine most of it is way more than £15/$30

oh yes, the prices are far beyond $30...especially for a cashmere hoodie or mini ski suit ... :rolleyes: :yuk:

theres no point, unless a baby could appreciate it...which i doubt very much, although there are some items in baby Dior which I sometimes wish were in my size.

And since you are a little older than the target audience, I don't think that necesarily is a good thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->