Dior Golf

The designer surfboards always remind me of that one music award show where they give out surfboards instead of trophies.. :ninja:

I like how designers will draw inspiration from sports, lifestyles, etc, etc... and maybe having a few looks on the runway going along that line. But to actually have Dior Golf as a line.. :cry:

Originally posted by Orochian@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 10:54 pm
I was just eyeing a pair of sleek minimalist sneakers by Dior Homme, and the first thought that struck me was how profoundly different they are to these so-called "proper golf shoes" that Galliano designed, and yet they do carry the same name. Even as a person deeply interested and well versed in fashion I find myself confused and disturbed by this schizophrenic nature of the house of Dior - now just how is the average consumer going to react to it?
I totally agree about this schizo Dior image...

There's a Dior homme store at Via Montenapoleone. A few doors down there's a Dior one, but they are worlds apart...

I've seen countless people stare in shock and horror at the displayed goods in the Dior window.

Originally posted by brian@Mar 24th, 2004 - 9:23 am
I doubt they thought it was beautiful.

Beauty, in a conventional sense anyhow, just isn't always the case with Dior.

And sometimes hideousness and trashiness can be good!

I can't fully judge Dior Golf by that one photo, but so far I like it.
This has yet to be the most creative, albeit self-defeating, way of defending a design.

It's hideous and trashy and you like it. Good for you. I sure don't. :innocent:

Originally posted by tott@Mar 24th, 2004 - 4:01 pm
I've seen countless people stare in shock and horror at the displayed goods in the Dior window.
What kinds of goods? :o

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Mar 24th, 2004 - 3:41 pm
I like how designers will draw inspiration from sports, lifestyles, etc, etc... and maybe having a few looks on the runway going along that line. But to actually have Dior Golf as a line.. :cry:
Dior Golf isn't going to be a permanent line.
Dior's sport lines never are.
They're more seasonal. Just like the Ski collection is dead and gone. Replacing it for Summer 2004 is Dior Surf Chick. Dior Golf will replace Surf Chick by Fall.

And Dior isn't the only one doing sporting goods. Nearly everyone does.

Originally posted by tott@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:01 pm
I totally agree about this schizo Dior image...

There's a Dior homme store at Via Montenapoleone. A few doors down there's a Dior one, but they are worlds apart...

i can imagine :lol:

And Dior isn't the only one doing sporting goods. Nearly everyone does

yes but not in such extreme bad taste :wink:

apart from Chanel, who else does sports lines?
i'd love to know guys :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 24th, 2004 - 5:45 pm
yes but not in such extreme bad taste :wink:

apart from Chanel, who else does sports lines?
i'd love to know guys :ninja:
Well, we have Prada Sport with the now dreaded red stripe plastered on a host of products, some of which were designed without any regard to what Prada stands for, or used to stand for, anyway.

Gucci has made many overtly sporty pieces, but they're incoporated into their seasonal collections, and never as a seperate line. I have a black nylon track/ski suit with leather details that I absolutely love, but instead of actually going to ski in it, I break it up and wear the jacket and pants individually as casual wear. And yes, I do think they're much more tastefully designed than this crap from Galliano.

But then again, just about anything that anyone has put on themselves is more tastefully designed than this. :P

this reminds me of the outfits Jon Arbuckle from Garfield comics would wear golfing. and it definitely wasn't meant to look good.

Originally posted by brian+Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:38 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:38 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-tott@Mar 24th, 2004 - 4:01 pm
What kinds of goods? :o [/b][/quote]
Oh, the usual stuff. Fetish shoes and teeny, tiny barely-there "tops", supercolourful messy prints... Your everyday working girl wardrobe.

:ninja:

Originally posted by tott+Mar 25th, 2004 - 7:17 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Mar 25th, 2004 - 7:17 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by brian@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:38 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-tott
@Mar 24th, 2004 - 4:01 pm

What kinds of goods? :o
Oh, the usual stuff. Fetish shoes and teeny, tiny barely-there "tops", supercolourful messy prints... Your everyday working girl wardrobe.

:ninja: [/b][/quote]
:rofl:

Originally posted by whereisthatsusu@Mar 25th, 2004 - 9:38 am
this reminds me of the outfits Jon Arbuckle from Garfield comics would wear golfing.
:lol: That is so true!

A first look at Dior Golf!

08f.jpg

09f.jpg

10f.jpg

Earrings!?! :blink:

11f.jpg

This is a bracelet.

And that is all, for now.

The colors burn my eyes :dizzy:. When is Galliano gonna figure out where the REAL money is and make Dior Kendo? Now that I'd buy.

That shoe is so repulsive it's not even funny.

Another great job by Galliano. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 25th, 2004 - 10:47 pm

Another great job by Galliano. :rolleyes:
I like it. I'd wear it :ninja:

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 26th, 2004 - 5:47 am

whatever i've seen so far from this line is hideous :sick:

thanks for the photos Brian :flower:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl+Mar 23rd, 2004 - 8:45 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OriginalGucciGirl @ Mar 23rd, 2004 - 8:45 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Mar 22nd, 2004 - 9:56 am
i think the average cd customer is more interested in the label than in the design anyway, so i imagine there's a reasonably large market for these kinds of status sports accessories...i don't think those customers are really thinking about consistency accross the brand...as long as it's got the logo...
God! How shallow can one go.... :o Are you not generalising here? [/b][/quote]
honey-i'm not the shallow one...the shallow ones are the folks snapping up all that junk with CD plastered all over the place...i didn't create the monster...i'm just commenting on it... :flower: :wink:

How John place the fringe-like detail is quite creative, yet, with that double fringe-like detail on top of each other, in front of the shoe, no one will look good wearing it (very overpowering) and putting it on the back is quite tasteless and predictable. :yuk:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Apr 26th, 2004 - 6:44 am
How John place the fringe-like detail is quite creative, yet, with that double fringe-like detail on top of each other, in front of the shoe, no one will look good wearing it (very overpowering) and putting it on the back is quite tasteless and predictable. :yuk:
True... but I don't think a lot of people are going to have these shoes anyway ;D

They're only going to be available by special order, and they're *quite* pricy at a starting point of around $1836.

We'll more than likely see them in a few editorials though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->