Japanese Street Style #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Japan for 2 weeks! I started at the south in Fukuoka (lovely city), then Kyoto (traditional), and Tokyo.

I'm in love with Tokyo and the style there. While I was there I met a guy who worked for X-Large and he took us (my boyfriend and I) to a few parties with his friends, it was amazing.

Actually I have pictures and stories on my blog, if you look in the month of August! I now live in Seoul for one year, teaching English.
:flower:

Tokyo is always love. But my first time in Tokyo, which was three years ago. All I saw was the same old beige trench coat ( the belt tied in the back) on every girl. I was soo happy when I saw something different. For a moment there, I was scared. I felt liek I was watching a bad rerun on the street.

I`m living in Japan (3 years) and there are alot of cons about fashion here. Its good and bad. Tokyo is arite because its TOKYO.

Japan is a lively country with even more lively people. They are experimental and even daring. Their style is very artistic and very unusual (for some people)... but it works. I'd love to go to Japan myself. My biggest memories of Japanese fashion are how daring Japanese femmes are. Either wearing short-shorts in cold weather, or of course, those now-outlawed, thick-soled, platform boots. One would probably argue that Japan doesn't have too much tasteful fashion like in America or in Europe. However, the styles expressed by the Japanese give them their own identity in fashion whether one likes their style or not.

God I can't get over how fabulous the Japanese are!!!! I just came back from a trip to Vienna and Prague, and the most fashion people were Japanese tourists! I wanna fly there just to shop and look at them up close!

long time no post... here are the pictures from style-arena.jp (1st week of January)

Harajuku
[090101] Harajuku.jpg

Shibuya
[090101] Shibuya.jpg

Omotesando
[090101] Omotesando.jpg

Daikanyama
[090101] Daikanyama.jpg

Ginza
[090101] Ginza.jpg

I'm impressed, great to see diverse style beyond the stereotypical cartoonish look.

thanks choring:smile:

some looks from dropsnap.jp

Last edited by a moderator:
from style-arena.jp (2nd week of January)

Harajuku
[090102] Harajuku.jpg

Shibuya
[090102] Shibuya.jpg

Omotesando
[090102] Omotesando.jpg

Daikanyama
[090102] Daikanyama.jpg

Ginza
[090102] Ginza.jpg

Here is the January 2009 issue of TUNE
I will scan my favourite pages only : P

scanned by sethii

Tune- 1.09- Part 2

scanned by sethii

I might scan the december issue later - its bigger and better : ))

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the japanese style! i would love to find some place i could buy their clothing that ships to america/canada!

they seriously put together some of the most innovative outfits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->