Jean Paul Gaultier Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

This was interesting this season and last season the younger designer do not no or are not interested in colors at all. If this was shown in Paris for ready to wear this would have been amazing but this is couture and it doesn't look like it. A full couture house like gaultier has leather workers, furriers, feathers makers all types of artists that were not used in this collection.

Seam puckering, at a Paris HC show, for a well-established brand? Tsk, tsk.

But this is such a minor flaw, which I’m sure can be corrected for the customer. Other than that, I don’t see anything bad with this show. I don’t see anything great either. To me, this show is just..fine. And I’ll take “just..fine” over whatever whatserface showed last season.

That said, I’m definitely ready to see who’s up next. I really hope they give it to a more seasoned pro again.

IMG_4258.jpeg

It doesn't look any better in the lookbook. I don't mind the design but I just can't stand how poorly executed this is. The draping is sloppy, things are wrinkling, falling strangely on the models' bodies.

I want to like it, but it feels completely random and unmemorable. Where's the Haute in this?

The point of introducing another collaboration every half year seems a good idea on paper, but in the end it's not really sustainable and forward thinking. On a sidenote: For me Jean Paul Gaultier lost a lot of his coolness and spark after he participated as guest judge next to Heidi Klum at an open casting for «Germany's Next Topmodel» this spring. It was akward and uncomfortable to watch because it was an obvious marketing stunt to present his perfumes to a young generation of people who never heard of him before.

Maybe that might be smart of him business-wise, but for me it looks desperate and calculated. The vanity project of designer-merry-go-has run it's course. It's similar to the H&M designer collaborations nowadays. After 20 years there is just no excitement left that lasts longer than the same evening of the launch day. It's more pr that about the design.Gaultier from 40 years ago is more fresh than what i see here.

heidi-klum-und-gast-juror-jean Kopie.jpg
pro7.de

I want to like it, but it feels completely random and unmemorable. Where's the Haute in this?

The point of introducing another collaboration every half year seems a good idea on paper, but in the end it's not really sustainable and forward thinking. On a sidenote: For me Jean Paul Gaultier lost a lot of his coolness and spark after he participated as guest judge next to Heidi Klum at an open casting for «Germany's Next Topmodel» this spring. It was akward and uncomfortable to watch because it was an obvious marketing stunt to present his perfumes to a young generation of people who never heard of him before.

Maybe that might be smart of him business-wise, but for me it looks desperate and calculated. The vanity project of designer-merry-go-has run it's course. It's similar to the H&M designer collaborations nowadays. After 20 years there is just no excitement left that lasts longer than the same evening of the launch day. It's more pr that about the design.Gaultier from 40 years ago is more fresh than what i see here.

View attachment 1283104
pro7.de
But Gaultier has always been very « grand public » and sometimes very cheesy about it. His show he build was on tour, it was broadcasted at primetime on French tv, he was jury in dancing with the stars, he did Miss France, he is an ambassador for Sidaction and things like that.
He embraces that part of his personality.

He is rich, he is retired from designing and somehow he is having fun in television.

I’m guessing he still got royalties from his perfumes and acting also as an ambassador of his own brand.

He is certainly not Margiela or Lang who went to Art after fashion.

But Gaultier has always been very « grand public » and sometimes very cheesy about it.
of course he was. his tv-show was the epitome of trash. And the celebration of it.
So to collaborate with Heidi Klum makes sense for sure... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qqqq0102
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->