Jil Sander F/W 2024.25 Milan

I mean this is hot *** garbage. You guys are being really nice. I dont even know what im looking at. I do know these clothes arent chic.

There are so many god awful looks here. when i saw the quited wrap i dreaded them continuing and he went and did a whole section of quilted monstrosities. That green a line suit with the buttons is one of the worst looks in Milan so far. Only the fur bags are interesting.

Moreover it is very un Jil Sander. I mean I know the JS look and this is not it. Jils use of line and cut was almost ritualistic in their purpose and had immense visual weight.

Yes id only buy JS on deep discount. Why bother paying retail for any of this. Its not important enough that its worth full price. Nobody cares if youre wearing brand new JS.

Last edited:
I don't know which show you guys watched but this one from Jil Sander FW24 is a mess and these hats reminded me of Nina Ricci's bucket hats - same level of ugliness and bad taste.
The only good thing is the casting.

I usually don't have a real problem with the Meiers, and there are some solid pieces in the collection, but it's just too difficult, even looking at some of the looks is puzzling. I get that they wanted to convey an idea of comfort, but it's just too weird this time.

I love all the playfulness with volume! there are a lot of amazing looks. it’s not my favourite collection of this season but it’s a very solid one.

The spirit of the brand is certainly missing. It all seems a bit too tortured and away from the body in unappealing ways. There’s a top a fringe in a triangular pattern, the fringe itself within the context of jil does enough work, but to then also tweak its shape and identity really veers into overworked territories. Remember that fringe collection raf did? He approached fringe from literally every angle the Jil brand offers. It was so exciting to see that through the lens of jil. That same creativity and joy is missing here. This looks very midjourney to me. Generated, overworked, surreal and unlogical.

It’s wholly random as a design proposition, it feels like an exaggerated version of Fall 2011 by Raf with all the cocoon type silhouettes (which to me was already too gimmicky for JS) but adorned with various styling tricks to really make it totally awkard, sexless and artsy-fartsy.

It’s very strange that Jil herself was always reticent to focus much on accessories and nowadays is the most salvageable part of the runway collections presented under her name.

From literally top to bottom it was not at all a pretty sight to see. Even if a model wasn't wearin this cap thingy the hairstyle was horrible. And well the rest is just unfortunate fashion history 😳

The diamond quilted cape/coat moments look like pieces that Engineered Garments did a few years back. Not alluding to a copycat thing, just saying. Loved the color palette, and variation of silhouettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swimflom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->