Jil Sander Mens S/S 2016 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
Jil-Sander-Menswear-SS16-Milan-0524-1434813790-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

If I were the designer I wouldn't even go to the Dior Homme SS 2014 for inspiration for filler looks

i thought some looks were great, not the pockets though..that is really awful

I'm not really into those shiny fabrics but I like the silhouette;it's quite genius. The denim is beyond every pieces in this collection maybe because i'm more into wearable things.

Sloppy and ill fitting, especially the trousers and some silhouettes in coats. I have seen these fabrics done a lot better and in a much more refined way by both Jil and Raf.

What an unfortunate time Jil Sander is living right now. The house is bound to be one-more high fashion label producing clothes that has zero logical, pragmatic and useful sense. It went from the sober, sleek and tasteful elegance that Jil conceived for both men and women to seasonal and trendy clothes that will look completely dated next season.

Goodbye to those days when Jil used to show timeless pieces that could spend a whole life in your wardrobe, being worn for professional and leisure purposes and still retain their flawless quality.

i don't think that's true, i think they turned a corner lately (especially last ww show)

^^^You can say that about Gucci, but that's not here lol. At least stripped down you can still wear it season after season.

^^^You can say that about Gucci, but that's not here lol. At least stripped down you can still wear it season after season.

I really don't care about Gucci because, while I like what Alessandro is doing, I never wore Gucci nor I'm planing to do it in the future as I did with Jil's collections. Yes, I know that nobody will never cut and tailor as the woman herself did but at least Paglialunga could try to keep the sober and sleekness on a higher note because He really sucks doing "new" or "classics-with-a-twist" pieces. I don't know about you, but, I don't see myself wearing an ill-fitting nylon suit or demin pieces with floral patches this season nor in a couple of years.

I find it terribly sad that this brand has become so vacant...

I liked the colours at first view but at closer look this is neither this nor that- not classic and sharp enough to really be a gorgeous timeless wardrobe, neither interesting enough to be a statement. Some of it is just fussy , the weird pockets and lengths, and the necklines of the jackets are cut too wide, opening into an oval shape at the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->