Jil Sander Mens S/S 10 Milan

i'm such a su**er for raf that i love it !

it's sooo pure !

it's like a Talented M. Ripley lost in a 90s Fashion Minimalism Time Capsule ... Lovely !
THOUGH I'm not so sure about the drawings - I only like one : the one with the man.

i can only wish that the recession will make the price (at least the margin) goes down ...

I really like this collection. It was cohesive, innovative, and wearable without monotony. The hand drawings are very refreshing. I love the stoic elegance that each look posesses, from head to toe this show wins it for me so far.

Obsessed with the painted pants.

Jil Sander S/S 10.11 - HQs

vogue.uk
enjoy^_^

id take the printed shirts and white sandals, the rest.... meh

id take the white sandals and printed shirts, the rest meh

the HQs are definitely a huge help --thanks skalty

i like what some of the white jackets are made of.. this nice soft flannel like ...

and there was one shirt i saw which was interesting.. it had a super thin gold trim that disappeared and appeared here and there, as if drawn by hand, around the edge of the collar and around the shirt

^that shirt is gonna be a HUGE HIT !!!!
love it !

thanks for the HQ skalty !

I'm jumping on the love it bandwagon :wub:. Aside from the fantastic illustration, no one does ingenius simplicity like Raf does for Jil Sander. Always a lil bit more restraint than his namesake line, the force of this collection I personally found is in the subtle details and the proportions; espcially the slightly elongated relaxed blazers with extreme pleated short shorts, and the creme tank top with jacket detailing like pockets and darts (note to self: a must have next spring)

yeah it seems like they are putting darts in jersey ^
Never seen that before...

or at least, i was taught not to do that

There is no particular take on fashion .
boring

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes a bit more than to slightly twist the hemlines of classical tanks and jackets to define meaningful fashion... This feels so standardized in the material choice, texturing and the line of the garments, if it wasn't for the printed pieces (which I personally find extremely gimmick-y and unbefitting with the Jil Sander style), the bowl haircuts and strange eyewear, this would completely lack definition.

I really wonder if these clothes make people sit up and buy from the 'look' they are getting here, I actually doubt collections like this and last season's summer make the house any more profitable.

It takes a bit more than to slightly twist the hemlines of classical tanks and jackets to define meaningful fashion... This feels so standardized in the material choice, texturing and the line of the garments, if it wasn't for the printed pieces (which I personally find extremely gimmick-y and unbefitting with the Jil Sander style), the bowl haircuts and strange eyewear, this would completely lack definition.

I really wonder if these clothes make people sit up and buy from the 'look' they are getting here, I actually doubt collections like this and last season's summer make the house any more profitable.

i'm sorry, but jil sander is an established house. jil sander herself put forward a new look and created a profitable vision that THOUSANDS of men around the world love. it's not the job of raf simons to obliterate the vision of jil sander and put forward his own. his job remains to keep that house fresh, vibrant, and relative, by creatively finding new ways to articulate the jil sander look.

the power of this collection remains how truthfully this collection comports with what we know about jil sander while pushing it forward in the most clever of ways.

Jil Sander only started branching out with menswear in 1997, that's effectively 12 years in business on the menswear front and taking into account the houses' history, it happened only briefly before Bertelli bought a majority stake in Jil's business. I would hardly call this a business with a rich, established history... let alone with a strongly defined, existing clientele as there used to be with Jil's womenswear (even that customer has changed from the 80ies/early 90ies... Jil herself understood that when she came back with a slightly evolved vision from that ultra-stark 90ies minimalism).

The way you are talking about Jil Sander menswear sounds as if we were talking of a cult-menswear label as Dior Homme used to be under Hedi Slimane, which itself was an operation that for a long time was not profitable, despite the fact that people around the glove were snatching up their iconic jeans, sneakers and other products bearing the Dior Homme name... I don't think that ever happened at Jil Sander, let alone that male end customers recgnized such a 'vision' or 'look' as you described it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I don't see Jil Sander as being a style that needs to look as stark and harsh as Raf Simons is sometimes doing... A simple elegance, yes, but the clothes - especially in menswear - hardly ever speak to me as being nonchalant and with ease... his style is sometimes a bit too studied in a bad, contrived way.

I agree with Tricot. Yes, Jil's look was very severe in the 90's and many people came to know minimalism through her, but that was only one aspect of the brand's identity. If you look at what she did before and after the 90's I wouldn't say stark minimalism is part of the brand's DNA. Simons has really taken up her 90's days and it's great, but sometimes it doesn't work, This collection is totally not working, a misstep for Simons I think. This is way too awkward and fussy for Jil, her clothes wouldn't be this difficult or clinical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->