Jil Sander S/S 2024 Milan

incredible collection.
so much to covet!
everything looks so well made the styling is on point.
bravo.

they need to work on the footwear; it's never ugly or pretty enough.

I look at this and it almost makes me want Milan Vukmirovic back at Jil Sander, this is how bad it is for Jil Sander.

I really wonder how well their collections are performing, who is the customer willing to spend this kind of money on their clothes? The clothes have gotten quite a bit more expensive since Rodolpho Paglialunga and Jil herself but the despite sneakers and t-shirts with a large printed logo, it's not a very accessible (and exciting) brand to buy into.

I dearly hope their tenure comes to an end soon and somebody else takes over who has a better understanding of this house.

Those bling bling just don't go well with the clothes. It only cheapens the whole collection.

Mostly disastrous, for a brand that was so synonymous with practical clothes elevated through intelligent cutting and choice of fabrics, these sexless succession of boxy tunics and awkwardly cut bermudas is entirely inappropriate. I get it that the minimalist corner of the market has been flooded by competition since Jil’s day but this is not the way to stand out…

The penultimate look and some of the trenches are alright, more than Céline I’m getting Raf’s tenure at this very brand. The styling with the beanies is a total throwback to his S/S 12 and some of the shapes are reminiscent of his Balenciaga inspired show. Raf was also very wrong for this brand in spite of all the fashion “moments” he gave to the press.

from what i've heard it's mainly the menswear that is doing ok
but apparently there's a lot of tension between them and renzo rosso (i heard they're no longer talking) so let's see how much longer they'll last there

It's overall quite elegant and they always use interesting fabrics but my goodness, I'm so tired of sex-less fashion and this whole oversize era. Can we go back to seeing some body, some skin, some human silhouettes... Please...

On a more positive note, I want ALL the jewellery. Gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->