Jourdan Dunn

her showcard really underlines how timeless her look is.

1-15.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-6.jpg

4-4.jpg

http://www.nicolaspadron.com/
http://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=362972

The Top Ten Models to Watch This Fashion Week

#9 by NYMag.com

24_dunn_sml.jpg

In a season when most designers were passing over darker-skin models, elegant Dunn managed to book impressive spring shows like Hermès, Missoni, and Marc by Marc Jacobs. And she bagged a fall 2007 Benetton campaign, to boot. If any girl is going to end the stream of blank-faced blondes, it’s this British babe. In her third season walking, she’s got our attention.

^yeah i love it too!

i'm really starting to love her walk. it's becoming a fav or mine!

I like her hair! Can't wait to see more of her on the runway!

^she is lovely on runway, yes. but i need to see her in some campaigns! Jourdan is sooo gorgeous & would look even more amazing in ad campaigns. she SO deserves some. I'm hoping she gets something this upcoming season :wub:

^ She has a show card and she is in NYC at the moment so I'm guessing she'll show up soon enough. It's going to be tough for her I think, she hasn't done any eds/ads in the last few months.

she has a showcard, but whether she gets cast or not depends i guess on how many designers either feel "daring" this season or have stopped living in a whitewashed mindset, otherwise i think chanel's going to be the token girl everywhere as usual :doh:

she has a showcard, but whether she gets cast or not depends i guess on how many designers either feel "daring" this season or have stopped living in a whitewashed mindset, otherwise i think chanel's going to be the token girl everywhere as usual :doh:

I dont think its about peoples mindset, I just think its whether or not the designer is into her whole package or not. As far as Chanel being the "token girl" why cant two girls coexist without necessarily having to think one deserves it more than the other??? I do hope she pops up, and picks up the pace:shock:

i didn't say two girls couldn't coexist, in fact, i would rather like them to and more than that, but it's not exactly much of a disputable thing that at most of the big shows there is a slot or two at most for the minorities. it's fact that it usually goes to chanel. and not to turn it into a race debate, but, yes, it is about the mindsets of the people casting these shows especially when it's been pointed out more than once that some designers flat out tell agencies not to send them black girls. unless there's some other reason jourdan's been walking for three seasons, had a VERY successful last season, and yet still has only eleven pages in this thread when someone like karlie kloss has oodles.

what i said was nothing against chanel, i don't like her and don't care about her one way or the other, and uh i also never said anyone deserved anything more than anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess...I mean im not arguing with u.. I think both of our point of views are valid...but you made it seem like...Why does Chanel always get the shows and not Jourdan??....Maybe I missread your comment, or i dunno, but that is what it looked like to me. ...I would definately love to see lots more black girls out there TOGETHER without having one model be the "token model" as you say. I think they both work hard for what they have accomplished and it shows. As far as the "black model" being rejected by some designers, i think its getting better than some past seasons ago, because we are slowly but surely seeing more faces out there that are not necessarily Chanel, or ONLY Chanel. Just a peaceful exchange of views ...not an argument:flower:

Ps. Ur luck u only have about 20 pages of Jourdan...other people have more, and most of it is negative comments..Atleast all the Jourdan comments here have been good:lol:

i don't like chanel personally, because the baby doll look never did much for me, but what i don't get is all the hatred she gets for her WORK when she's basically gemma gone ethnic. it just bothers me. i get it when people rag on her personality, if what they say is true, but everything else said about her irks me since it seems to have no basis. i think it's just the hype, catherine mcneil got/gets the same hatred for being overhyped too. i know it must suck to have your favorite model torn apart all the time :(

and, no, i wasn't comparing her body of work to jourdan's or saying jourdan should get more than chanel, i was just saying that there is maybe a nine out of ten chance that when you see a black girl on the runway of a notable show lately it's going to be chanel. it's really unfortunate. (not that chanel works, but that other girls don't.) i feel really let down almost when i see a black girl i really love, since there's that nagging feeling of knowing the odds are she's not going to do much real fashion work. but let me shut up before i get yelled at for being ot! :flower:

LOL @ Gemma gone ethnic...When I first saw her I said...She looks like a black Gemma Ward. Jourdan will do good though...She always comes through...I especially love the new pics with the blue eyeshadow...STUNNING.:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->