Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

Marie Antoinette so would have employed John Galliano to design all her clothes if she was still the Queen of France.

From the post #258, I agree. It's not that creative anymore, but it reflects beauty and good style, which i love.

I enjoyed this collection very much.

All right, after a while I realized that I really hate this collection. It's so boring, most of the fabrics look terribly cheap, not to mention the shoes, hair & make-up. The only thing I might like is the dress on Bruna, but down from the waist, the top is horrible. I really hope that doing a presentation in Dior HQ will bring some Dior spirit back into the house.

ty for the HQ's these pieces are wonderful up close. from afar they don't appear that special, but the details are impeccable here. I love the dress Natasha is wearing, it's so organic feeling and so simple looking, yet wonderful. it's like when you're bored at a dinner table and you take a napkin and twist it to become a little dress.

I remember this collection being a huge let-down for me at the time... and now i look at this and what's going on in current couture collections and i just wanna cry

I think that from that period, this collection and the FW08 Couture one have beautifully aged. There's something clean and timeless about those collections (even if Couture is in fact quite timeless anyway).
I remember how i hated the soundtrack of this collection. It's impossible for me to watch the show while i love the clothes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->