Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

even tho i'm not the biggest fan of John's older, OVER THE TOP, CRAZY presentations, at least they made me feel something.this is just.........*comfortable*? or *oh!pretty!next!*?

Its so wonderfully and fantastically crazy. The wonderful great swirling dresses, the details, patterns and colours ^_^ I'm happy! I don't even want to think about how expensive the fabrics are, let alone a whole dress, but I can definitely say the fabrics were put to fabulous use.

I love John's aesthetic that transform to his collection.

This is just the same old thing. He has been doing that for years. Of course the execution is better than the last few seasons, there are more details and some more new things, but would I say that John gets his magic back, definitely not. And it is not likely that he will.

love it.
One day it would be awesome to just prance down the highstreet in one of his dresses haha

I liked this collection when I first saw it, then I didn't like it as much but now I am so enthusiastic about this collection after seeing the video. Sure it's not John's best collection and might not be most innovative one but I think this collection is still stunning. John's been doing very refined collections and I missed his deconstructed designs and I think this collection had that feeling of slight deconstruction as well for me. I always love Dior's dangerous shoes but I do think some of the ball gowns could have done much better without those bulky belts (which also was my problem in his previous couture collection for Dior)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->