Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

I just love this collection. Everything about this show is great. The set, the models, the clothes, the shoes.

The 2nd, 4th and 6th dresses in post #225 and 7th, 9th, 14th in post #224 are my favourites :wub:

I don't like first several looks, but the rest is beautiful! I love black, white and pastel pieces and simple prints on white dresses are gorgeous! I don't mind hair and make up this time, that's surprising, I usually hate it.

:shock: :woot: I didn't think vogue.co.uk did HQ's like that! thank you

After looking at the whole collection, the best pieces are the simpler cocktail dresses, especially the white one on Denisa. Not Galliano's best work in my opinion.

Sorry to post for, like, the 10th time in this thread, but I just realized another huge problem with the recent Dior collections.

There doesn't seem to be any real thought put into the clothes.

Here are some examples:
Haute Couture SS 09 vs. Haute Couture SS 05
00120m.jpg
00220f.jpg

Compared to the SS 05 outfit, the SS 09 outfit just seems like there was no effort whatsoever put into the design, construction or styling of the look. The SS 05 look is incredibly detailed - frayed edges, bleached spots, the pocket, the patchwork, the boots, the necklace, the hair and makeup...it's all very thoughtful. The SS 09 look just seems very thrown together...John just sketched a little dress, the dress was sewn up, and because the theme of the collection was Vermeer paintings, we'll throw a pearl necklace on, etc.

Haute Couture SS 09 vs. Haute Couture SS 06
00270m.jpg
00200m.jpg

Haute Couture SS 09 vs. Haute Couture FW 05
00350m.jpg
00310m.jpg

Anyone else see the obvious lack of thought and care put into the most recent Dior Couture/ RTW collections?
(style.com)

I am tired of John,
the same make up,
the same "crazzyyy" shoes
the same big dresses...
tired,
tired
tired

John can do better,
But there are some dress that I love so much and he really need to take some rest. Becoz His couture show are so similiar these seasons

I just looked at the video and apart from the footage itself being totally tedious to get through and the music being extraordinarily dull, I completely hated the collection.
The round 'scrolls' bounced around completely inelegantly and they just looked hideous.
Only the very final dress and one blue dress (neither with the scrolls) appealed to me.

just watched the video, and its even worse. the clothing are so stiff. i could attend a local theatre play and could find similiar outfits. just because he used fabric that probably costs hundreds more doesn't make it any better. but fashion is shallow, so we must praise the expensive, no matter how ridiculous it is.

and that slumdog millionaire song at the end was so randomly used. mmmm.

i like john's scarf though. thats probably the only thing i like from the collection.

What a boring attempt! The clothes proved more uninspiring in motion, the soundtrack was absolutely disappointing/boring/ecc., and I feel John is still imitating haute couture rather than actually making haute couture like he used to do!

You know, normally as time goes on I start to like things more, but I only get more disappointed with this collection. The video confirmed it; the scroll thingies were gawky and awkward and the soundtrack very bland. He definitely needs to step it up a notch.

Sorry to post for, like, the 10th time in this thread, but I just realized another huge problem with the recent Dior collections.

There doesn't seem to be any real thought put into the clothes.

Here are some examples:
Haute Couture SS 09 vs. Haute Couture SS 05

Compared to the SS 05 outfit, the SS 09 outfit just seems like there was no effort whatsoever put into the design, construction or styling of the look. The SS 05 look is incredibly detailed - frayed edges, bleached spots, the pocket, the patchwork, the boots, the necklace, the hair and makeup...it's all very thoughtful. The SS 09 look just seems very thrown together...John just sketched a little dress, the dress was sewn up, and because the theme of the collection was Vermeer paintings, we'll throw a pearl necklace on, etc.

Haute Couture SS 09 vs. Haute Couture SS 06
[

Haute Couture SS 09 vs. Haute Couture FW 05

Anyone else see the obvious lack of thought and care put into the most recent Dior Couture/ RTW collections?
(style.com)

if you are trying to say that the old looks had more effort than the present... so very true (although maybe we should consider that trends come and go, and that maybe he the more baroque look of the past would seem even more boring than the new looks)
i guess the last dress can't really be compared because it's a revision of the classic Junon dress, no? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->