Kanye West DW F/W 12.13 Paris

after seeing the collection a couldn't wait to hear the commentary from you guys about the show

I like a few pieces, lots of luxurious fabrics, and the fits were MUCH better than last season...but I still didn't see any individuality, any inspirational direction, it just seemed like this brand doesn't have an identity.

I really want Kanye's line to be a success but on the basis of his last two collection I think he needs to sit down and leave fashion to the professionals

2012-03-06-22-12-54-kanye-west-5158.jpg
2012-03-06-22-13-12-kanye-west-5162.jpg
2012-03-06-22-13-35-kanye-west-5167.jpg

2012-03-06-22-13-50-kanye-west-5173.jpg
2012-03-06-22-14-02-kanye-west-5177.jpg
2012-03-06-22-14-19-kanye-west-5180.jpg

2012-03-06-22-14-46-kanye-west-5185.jpg
2012-03-06-22-14-57-kanye-west-5189.jpg
2012-03-06-22-15-19-kanye-west-5195.jpg

visionvenom.wordpress.com

^ Me too. So much better than his first effort.......much better.
Some great looks here, but the boots ruin a lot of it.
Love the skinny pants and the sheer, fur top.

I actually think this is a good collection overall, though I'm a bit iffy about some of the pants and the boots. Other than that, I'm really pleasantly surprised.

It's a mad mad mad world where Kanye is much more interesting than both Chanel and McQueen. I also appreciate him for not giving us 50+ looks like Karl does all over again.

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread... Are people just tired or simply under the choc that it's not as bad as his latest collection -- which, let's face it, was on the top three of the worst collections of the season?

Everything is just vulgar. What he offers is more consistent compared to last season but it's still really questionable in terms of design ('the hell is that 4th look? That fur top/vest/jacket in #24?). The styling is also quite awful (a pale pink fur coat paired with a leather outfit? Screams epitome of elegance, right?).

Bref, Mr West is a fashion lover - he attends as much shows as there are rip offs in his collection - but he will never be a good designer. If he wanted to "create", why didn't he do a capsule collection for whoever he wanted? Please, oh please Kanye, call it a nice experience and don't make us go through this every season for the next five years.

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread... Are people just tired or simply under the choc that it's not as bad as his latest collection -- which, let's face it, was on the top three of the worst collections of the season?

Everything is just vulgar. What he offers is more consistent compared to last season but it's still really questionable in terms of design ('the hell is that 4th look? That fur top/vest/jacket in #24?). The styling is also quite awful (a pale pink fur coat paired with a leather outfit? Screams epitome of elegance, right?).

Bref, Mr West is a fashion lover - he attends as much shows as there are rip offs in his collection - but he will never be a good designer. If he wanted to "create", why didn't he do a capsule collection for whoever he wanted? Please, oh please Kanye, call it a nice experience and don't make us go through this every season for the next five years.

:clap: THANK YOU. The construction here is vile. Just because it was a weak season for some of the more well known houses doesn't make this collection good or interesting. Especially not when, as lepetitcouturier so accurately put it: " just a mash of old designers". Yep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kanye is so lucky this season! It was kind of a great idea to hype up a debut collection that would end up being a major fail because no matter what he would deliver next could not possibly be as bad as the first effort, so this comes off well in comparison. And now he even hit the jackpot by showing his collection the same day that Chanel and Alexander McQueen would be showing their worst collection to date, so again, compared to those big brands' mess this is not that bad.

These factors not taken into account, is it a good collection? Not really.

Definitely a big improvement from last season but only in how the clothes fit. The "designs" are pretty much still the same. He even repeated the nasty fur backpack,lol.

The make-up is APPALLING. Please stop this egotistical A**ehole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->