Karl, Elsa, Handbags & Yohji

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
get ready for Lagerfeld ( :woot: at Hermitage in St Petersburg) Schiaparelli & Yohji (Paris) :heart:

MUSEUM QUALITY: Fashion continues to thrive in museums. The Hermitage in St. Petersburg is about to establish a fashion wing, with the debut exhibition devoted to Karl Lagerfeld. But don’t expect a retrospective, according to Olivier Saillard, a curator of the Museum of Fashion and Textiles in Paris, who is traveling to Russia next week to work out the details. Meanwhile, at home base, the museum’s current Viktor & Rolf show will be replaced by “Elsa Schiaparelli ‘Shocking!’” in March, followed this fall show an Hermès-sponsored exhibition devoted to handbags. On tap for 2005: A solo exhibition for Yohji Yamamoto

from wwd :flower:

Handbag exhibition! :P :heart:

I must make an effort and go see it, thanks Lena :flower:

Originally posted by Craig@Jan 20th, 2004 - 11:52 am
Handbag exhibition! :P :heart:

I must make an effort and go see it, thanks Lena :flower:
you are welcome, and you absolutely shouldnt miss the exhibit craig

also atempt to visit Schiaparelli's exhibit if you just take the eurostar for a two day visit :wink: i think you will adore her surrealistic take on accessories and its so different when one sees those masterpieces 'live'

I must make time to see it, and with my new job I may just get a chance!! :P

I bought a book 'The Couture Accessory' and it features some amazing Schiaparelli designs, a great reference book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->