Yohji Yamamoto Dream Shop-Antwerp Exhibition

Wow, I am totally surprised that they didn't think about the rain either. That is kind of ridiculous...

You know,that reminds me of when MMM had that uber-cool exhibition in Rotterdam which the clothes are all outside,taking on the natural elements and collecting bacteria formations....there must have been some kind of reinforcements on the forms and pedastals they were one because they never fell that I can recall.

Perhaps the dress was meant to go the way of the dinosaurs as well...
Pity.

*sayan said:
Well, they just put it back up there, I am really wondering if Yohji is ok with having this piece under the weather..the rain pretty much ruined it the first days, now its just getting worst, the fusing is unsticking, the fabric is making bubbles and waving..its quite a sad spectacle.
Oh man.. that makes me sad. :( Surely that wasn't meant to happen unlike the MMM exhibition Scott mentioned?

Maybe it was, I couldnt tell. Mr. Yamamoto was at the school for the opening so he saw it, i guess they all agreed on it.
They decided the dress will be a sacrifice for the gods of fashion.:alien:

well I like this dress so badly .. maybe these gods of fashion want another gift so this dress must be a gift to mankind ..thanxx for the pics Sayan

I think Mr. Yamamoto himself might even be alittle happy to have his dress moulded by the elements of nature. After all he is a man who loves to clothe time and time itself involves unforeseen occurrences ~ like the rain.

^that's true. I think the mere idea of clothes being amongst nature in such a way is so intense and utterly romantic. And the fact that it does affect the clothes I think gives it an added life.

well he does have the pattern and fabric to make another dress. i'm sure one getting ruined doesn't bother him. it may even be interesting to see the process.

Girl posing and reading in Yohji Yamamoto.{/B]

credits:
clothing: all yohji yamamoto, 1995-2006
photography: sharifa jamaldin
model: an denis
As part of the Dream Shop Yohji Yamamoto exhibition(07/03/2006-13/08/2006), museum visitors were permitted to try on a selection of garments by the designer.

:heart:

All images from prettypretty.be

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

^that's really lovely!

thanks for posting these,multitudes :flower:

You're very welcome Scott! :flower: ... It is very lovely, I think it was a really brilliant touch that you could actually try the pieces on, especially when you are at an exhibition for clothing! :heart: ...

You're very welcome ilaughead :flower: ...They are so beautiful :heart: ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->