Karl Lagerfeld disses Heidi Klum

I think he's gone nuts. Someone needs to scrape his old as$ off the fashion radar.

Hmmmm What about Karl Lagerfeld for Wal*Mart... That just may push him over the edge once and for all

They should really stop calling Heidi Klum a supermodel, like in the articles I read about this. It's really annoying and insulting to the original Supermodels. It's like calling the Jonas Brothers Rock Legends you can't do that!!
She has done nothing to fashion and barely anything to the modeling world. Most of her success comes from Hollywood, and I don't even consider it to be a model on a fashion cover when she's on them-she's a celebrity. You know it when she has a True Hollywood Story :doh: :angry:

sorry, it had to be said :ninja:

I believe Janice Dickison and Tyra Banks both have a THS and I believe that they can be considered supermodels..

but why is Karl so upset with Audrey..just because you had a contract with them doesnt mean you need to go out spending all your money on Chanel..n maybe Karl should make rainboots..he is like a little child with low self esteem who picks fights with anyone and everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
They should really stop calling Heidi Klum a supermodel, like in the articles I read about this. It's really annoying and insulting to the original Supermodels. It's like calling the Jonas Brothers Rock Legends you can't do that!!
She has done nothing to fashion and barely anything to the modeling world. Most of her success comes from Hollywood, and I don't even consider it to be a model on a fashion cover when she's on them-she's a celebrity. You know it when she has a True Hollywood Story :doh: :angry:

sorry, it had to be said :ninja:

lol

It had to be said ? Everybody knows that.That's what we call in French : 'pulling an open door' .Only ignorant people call her a 'supermodel', most people know that the fashion world has stopped producing supermodels a long time ago.So, in that regard, pointing out the obvious (as in the fact that she's not a supermodel) is also very stupid.

Karl's latest target: Audrey Tautou!

socialitelife.celebuzz.com

This thread should be retitled: "Karl Lagerfeld being a rude bastard."

Or more like 'Karl the ****-kisser'.I bet ten bucks he wouldn't have said that about Penelope Cruz years ago, when Audrey was the hot star because of Amélie, but now that Penelope got herself a prize at Cannes and an oscar,of course he wants to ditch Audrey for Penelope.Too bad Dior got Marion Cotillard, I bet he would have outlined how Kiera Knightley is ridiculous and how he prefers Marion Cotillard (because KaRl KnOWs wHo'S wOW ANd wHO'S nOT).

The guy is just grotesque and pathetic.

^ so true

usually i blame someone's anger cause they haven't gotten laid once in a while.haha just joking :flower:...

Heidi may have done runway modeling for VS, but that hardly compares walking the runway of a Paris show.

She's been in Paris, just not for the bigger names.

I don't think she's a supermodel either, but I am a fan, and when people say she's only commercial and never done runway work outside of VS, they're a little incorrect.

pr_007_440x516_1.jpg

source: lifetime.com

100111682.jpg

source: style.com

I think Heidi's personality and charisma is more aligned with the classic super models than the girls who opened and closed the latest HC and high fashion RTW shows or are featured in recent high fashion campaigns. I think the Jonas Brothers analogy is more apt when fashionistas fall all over themselves over some Eastern European teenager because she walked in 20+ shows, opened so-and-so's show and is the current darling of a couple of Vogue editors. In Heidi's case she has been around and has proven staying power and recognition, the same can't be said of the models who top the Models.com list. If you want to say that Heidi is not a super model, fine, but that is because she was able to parlay her model stardom into a singular huge contract with VS and then use that to brand herself, so she is a model mogul. Gisele Bundchen and Kate Moss are following her lead, why would a model want to be the muse, aka handmaiden, to a bunch of couturiers when she can be her own brand / business person? I would bet that five years ago that Heidi could have gone the same route that Gisele and Adriana Lima have gone, but chose the entrepreneur route. I am also sure that the high fashion models that Karl Lagerfield is rhapsodizing about have people who are trying to secure media deals for their clients like the ones Heidi and Tyra were able to secure.

Also regarding Karl and his motives, my understanding is that Heidi is hugely popular in Germany and it probably irks him that one of the, if not the most famous German, is from the same industry as him, even though he is trying to disassociate her from that industry. His ego could probably rationalize the pope or some other notable of German descent surpassing him, but a model, no way. Believe you me, if Claudia Schiffer out-celebed him, he would be taking shots at her too.

Personally, I would have thought that Claudia Schiffer out-celebed both of them a long time ago (and still now), I mean, you could even refer to her by first name and people would know who you're talking about.

mean, you could even refer to her by first name and people would know who you're talking about.

^If you are talking to someone about the modeling industry - then I agree but would have to add the exact same would go for Heidi.

Good post agee, very well worded. You said it all perfectly.:flower:

I disagree.
Firstly, because as I said, Claudia Schiffer is certainly more famous than the two of them and that was my main point regarding what agee wrote,(there's no point in denying that, I guess.You'd find a lot more people who would recognise the name or face of Claudia than the ones of Lagerfeld or even Heidi).

About the name thing, Claudia is a supermodel because people refer to her by her first name (that's one of the reasons and that's the case for the other ones too, the Linda, Cindy, etc) and she gets recognised merely by it.Heidi ? Not so much,do people solely refer to her by her first name ? People would have to guess, adding to that, her spectrum of visibility is a lot more constricted than the one Claudia occupied (do I have to refer to the number of covers/appearances/ads ?).

All in all, yes, Claudia is certainly by far more famous than the two of them.

p.s : my point isn't based on somekind of Claudia vs Heidi or Karl..I can't stand them actually.

Karl's right on the Heidi part, her shows are irritating.

I disagree.
Firstly, because as I said, Claudia Schiffer is certainly more famous than the two of them and that was my main point regarding what agee wrote,(there's no point in denying that, I guess.You'd find a lot more people who would recognise the name or face of Claudia than the ones of Lagerfeld or even Heidi).

About the name thing, Claudia is a supermodel because people refer to her by her first name (that's one of the reasons and that's the case for the other ones too, the Linda, Cindy, etc) and she gets recognised merely by it.Heidi ? Not so much,do people solely refer to her by her first name ? People would have to guess, adding to that, her spectrum of visibility is a lot more constricted than the one Claudia occupied (do I have to refer to the number of covers/appearances/ads ?).

All in all, yes, Claudia is certainly by far more famous than the two of them.

p.s : my point isn't based on somekind of Claudia vs Heidi or Karl..I can't stand them actually.

If you do a search using American or German search engines on Heidi Klum versus Karl Lagerfeld or Claudia Shiffer, Heidi Klum blows the other two away.

I am not trying to put her down because she is accomplished, but Claudia Shiffer is not recognized by her first name among people I know, even among fashion-philes, it is a generational thing.

If you do a search using American or German search engines on Heidi Klum versus Karl Lagerfeld or Claudia Shiffer, Heidi Klum blows the other two away.

I am not trying to put her down because she is accomplished, but Claudia Shiffer is not recognized by her first name among people I know, even among fashion-philes, it is a generational thing.

Generation wise, I don't think so ? Most of the people I know, even the teenage ones actually know who Claudia is, Heidi, they have to ask the last name.Even judging by your internet standards, that doesn't make any sense, Cindy Crawford is probably one of the most famous supermodels, her name alone is synonymous of supermodel and yet she has less exposure than Heidi on the internet, does that mean that Heidi is more famous than Cindy Crawford ? I doubt it.

Even among your 'fashion-phile friends' ? Are you kidding me ? Okay, sorry, that part scares me and you're not going to make me believe that people who are interested in fashion (even people you know) would be more likely to recognise Heidi over Claudia (or else we're not talking about fashion...just tv or vs exposure).

Even adding more to that 'internet standard' nonsense, Marilyn Manson would be more famous than Marilyn Monroe.Now, that one would be funny, there's hardly anyone more iconic or even famous than her (note : no, I'm not a granny in a wheelchair).Of course, the internet only represents a recollection of the recent history (adding to that a very small portion of the past history), so it doesn't measure or reflect the height/level of celebrity that anyone has carried or even added up from the height of their career until now simply, because the internet doesn't and can't outcast the level of media exposure that has existed before it, it can't rival (yet) or reflect the amount of coverage/infos or even influence that celebs got up to the point when the internet appeared.It only reflects the impact that it has on a small portion of the world population that is young (so likewise, Lindsay Lohan has a high internet mention score for the simple reason that NOW or over the past few years, she's been famous, does it mean that she's more famous than another star that gets a lower score ? No, she's just more talked about among a small portion of the population).The internet is just too constricted on some time/space standards to really reflect what fame is.

About your point of view on Karl criticising Heidi because she was more famous than him, and that he would do the same with Claudia if it was the case.It still doesn't stand and it proves my original point : Karl could have done that when Claudia was at the height of her career and was an active supermodel, and he didn't...however he did when she posed for h&m and outlined how low her standards were.However, when she was back on tracks, he hired and praised her.It proves my points : he only criticises if the person isn't that much on the spot anymore.

By my standards, Cindy Crawford will top Heidi, Karl and Claudia, so your premise is not correct. When it comes to recognition, I did not state that Claudia Schiffer's name is not recognizable, rather she is not immediately recognized by all generations on a first name basis. Shiffer is currently recognizable because of her recent renaissance and of course she was recognizable during her heyday, but the in-between time - late 90s to early 00s, some fashion-philes knew her well, while others did not. Yes you need to throw in Heidi's last name because there is another well known model who shares her first name. The same applies to the Christy Turlington, because she shares her first name with Christie Brinkley and her first name is similar to Kristen McMenamy.

By my standards, Cindy Crawford will top Heidi, Karl and Claudia, so your premise is not correct. When it comes to recognition, I did not state that Claudia Schiffer's name is not recognizable, rather she is not immediately recognized by all generations on a first name basis. Shiffer is currently recognizable because of her recent renaissance and of course she was recognizable during her heyday, but the in-between time - late 90s to early 00s, some fashion-philes knew her well, while others did not. Yes you need to throw in Heidi's last name because there is another well known model who shares her first name. The same applies to the Christy Turlington, because she shares her first name with Christie Brinkley and her first name is similar to Kristen McMenamy.

You're the one who used/cited the internet as the most reliable source to measure fame (or else you wouldn't have cited it) , I'm only saying it doesn't make any sense, by your subjective standard or not, by internet standard or not.

I doubt that only some people who got into fashion in the early 00's were aware of who Claudia Schiffer was 5 or 7 y before and that the majority weren't.I could even argue that Heid Klum isn't recognisable by all generations.

You need to throw in Heidi's last name because she's not a supermodel.If you're talking about 'Christy', there's a strong chance people would at least RELATE it to someone very famous or at least a supermodel (and that's likely to be Christy Turlington since she was/is famous than the other twos and still is an active model and also because Kristen McMenamy isn't that much worldwide famous (she's my favourite though), Christie Brinkley wasn't as much exposed and belongs to another era that was less about medias and models than the 90's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->