Karl Lagerfeld's Chanel successor revealed?

^^ so they say the rumor is/was Tisci told Tommy's source that Alexander Wang was taking over Givenchy (the hint on style.com is that wang attended his show)

Hahaha wtf....

And just for the record, Gucci pre-Tom Ford was merely a luggage/bags brand as well just like LV was before Marc Jacobs. So I think the effects would pretty much be the same. Although I have to agree that there is no clear LV woman as opposed to a Gucci/Ford woman.

We're going to go through every single designer before we decide to give up. This discussion is useless.

God I love Alber, I think if it was true he could do some amazing things at Chanel. Hopefully he still stays at Lanvin though.

Seriously nobody is gonna stop Karl,he designs 10 collections per year!
I think he'll keep making collections even dead

i was sure where to post this...im doubt its abot karl and chanel though

Oh yes. The Hiss Squad is certainly back in business after last week's soft bomb of a haircut scoop TI gasped and then double gasped at the tale of that mega power stylist who breezed in NYC's JFK locked and loaded to shoot an epic editorial for that mega power blue chip bible. Our beloved power stylist winds her way to immigration only to find her former agency had canceled her US work visa. Mega power blue chip bible was NOT amused. Quelle shade!....And then there is a stunning piece of hiss that should it come true, would mean two major fashion houses are in line for a serious re-alignment. The three part scoop involves...(A.) one of fashion's most major designer retiring from a venerable house, making room for that complex and talented countryman of his (B....) jumping from his current house to the vacant throne. Which (C) then leaves another of fashion's most legendary brands open for a certain star talent to come out of the wilderness back into the luxury fold. If I've dramatically dubbed certain industry changes"continental shifts" this change would be like...a new universe exploding into existence. It's that big!

the imagist

one of fashion's most major designer retiring from a venerable house, making room for that complex and talented countryman of his (B....) jumping from his current house to the vacant throne.
It wouldn't be Karl. Karl is German. Who would be his "countryman"???
And besides, I'm pretty sure that the powers-that-be at Chanel have a contingency plan in place, in case something were to unexpectedly happen to Karl. Someone from within the house (an assistant designer or an accessory designer) would probably take the reins in place of Karl.

i know, i didnt know where else to post it
i was thinking it might be about stefano pillati

and why would it matter if hes german? it doesnt say anything about that,

Last edited by a moderator:
and why would it matter if hes german? it doesnt say anything about that,

Ermm .. read it in full:
(A.) one of fashion's most major designer retiring from a venerable house, making room for that complex and talented countryman of his
See? countryman of his .. same nationality.

lol oh, i thought that ment someone who lived in the countryside...english isnt my first language hehe :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->