Keira Knightley stars in shocking domestic violence advert

They should air this is America too, this was very uncomfortable to watch yet strangely effective...Keira is so good, and good for her for standing up during this crucial moment.
especially in the light of the Rihanna/Chris Brown domestic abused made public it should.

i was just told it will be aired in theaters across the nation (including america) as a public service announcement thing before each movie starts. we shall see how well that goes

i saw nip/tuck (american show) a few days ago and it was surprisingly violent.. /graphic

just for comparison..

thanks nemova, that makes a lot more sense to me now..

Well that's a tv show, commercials aren't as avoidable.

Difficult to watch, but that makes it better, in some ways. Really well made too. :smile:

Its nice to see Keira acting for a good cause and her acting was quite impressive too

I was about to say, this type of violent ad would go over better in America than Europe, for the most part. It's interesting how the issues of sex/nudity and violence are flipped depending on the country.

Wow. I wanted to kick my monitors a$$ after watching that. Painful to watch.

I am so p*ssed this has been banned from being shown on TV for being "too violent". Too violent? How the f*ck else do they expect domestic violence to be portrayed?

This ban has just reinforced the taboo around the issue and has prevented a chance to raise awareness of such an ignored problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->