Kris Van Assche Mens A/W 07.08 Paris

January 27, 2007

He has painted himself as menswear’s hopeless romantic, with the tango, the roses, the swooning swains, and—in his latest show—Elvis crooning “Can’t Help Falling in Love.” But you’d have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at Kris Van Assche’s sentimental posturing. And maybe the designer has begun to understand the potential for ridicule, because his new presentation was a much more down-to-earth affair. There were some iffy stylist’s flourishes—a wayward tiara, a few too many necklaces, shirts untucked just so on one side—but there was also a moment or two where Van Assche made the most of the hybrid of formal dressing and sportswear that continues to be a riptide in men's fashion.

The loose bow tie trompe-stitched on a white shirt perhaps wasn’t the best idea (paging Anthony Michael Hall), but another white shirt with a piqué-bib front and a black-striped knit collar was a striking distillation of the dress-up/down dialogue. White piping snaked across black trousers to create a bias-cut effect, and the seaming of a pinstripe jacket fit into the season’s fascination with a new geometry of the body.

When Van Assche went street, layering a tiny waistcoat over a plaid shirt over a white shirt (with a whacking great pair of sneakers on the model’s feet), he simply proved that he’s better off in the salon. But then, what else would you expect from a designer who offered utilitarian cargo pants in lustrous cappuccino-colored velvet corduroy?

— Tim Blanks

Source: Style.com

I hate those fake-me-out Dior scarves...

I do love quite a bit of this...

i like the collection, i think... it's pretty normal...
but i don't like the white stripes on trousers... but on the doudoune those stripes look good.
But then, what else would you expect from a designer who offered utilitarian cargo pants in lustrous cappuccino-colored velvet corduroy?
is it mean or do i understand it badly!

this is probably the worst thing that i have seen for a while. almost as bad as the last les hommes show in milan. i liked kris in season one....since then it goes down to boring mainstream.

can't help being completely distracted by the womenswear...:heart:

oh, I hear you Zazie! :wub:
i want to own every single piece, beggining by the black trousers..ending with that white top..
it's a great collection in my opinion, but like scott says, the styling is definitely a bit off.. Les Hommes and Kris seriously need a helping hand. :shifty:

He really seems not to have put a lot of effort in this like his past collections, perhaps this was intentional but it has it moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LKLA2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->