imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. case in point:

lambpg10.jpg
narciso_bradress.jpg

l.a.m.b. spring 2005 / narciso rodriguez fall 2003

lambpg18.jpg
00009.L.JPG

l.a.m.b. spring 2005 / zaldy spring 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see the narciso reference (though it makes me think more of the stella mccartney-adidas collaboration) but I mean lots of collections featured high waisted pants/skirts with shirts/cardi's tucked in.

thanks for the link a girlcalledk1ll...

brian...i thought zaldy was one of the designers...so that's not really copying, right?...

that dress you posted reminds me of alexander mcqueen as well...

softgrey said:
brian...i thought zaldy was one of the designers...so that's not really copying, right?...
he only did two seasons with gwen.. his last was f/w 04.. she's working with andrea lieberman now.

not quite impressive in terms of originality but really hope to see her style morphing into her designs.She's has quite a daring style to begin with.

they just remind me a lot of something vivienne westwood has done

really brian?...i thought there were several designers she was working with ...including both of them...how do you know this>?...i never see anything about the line...thx...

i remember gwen saying something, in an article..or blurb, about her head designer leaving..
that was zaldy, i assume (but i could be wrong)

figured i'd post this for anyone interested in what else gwen's doing design-wise...

from people magazine:

Designing is "a whole other way to be creative after doing music for 18 years, to stretch myself," says Gwen Stefani, who's launching a new Japanese-inspired accessories-based line in May called Harajuku Lovers, featuring illustrated characters embodied by the four girls who recently have been accompanying her on the red carpet. Stefani, 35, who comes up with the ideas and works with a team of artists, introduced the first item, a decorated limited-edition HP digital camera (left), last week. This fall she'll introduce jewelry and a new sneaker to her year-old L.A.M.B. (short for Love. Angel. Music. Baby., also the title of her hit solo album) clothing line, and hopes to put on her first fashion show in New York City in September. "To have the chance to do more than put out your concert T-shirt---why not?" she says. "And you get to give it to all your friends!"

....now, does sneaker mean SHOE, or is it some special word for a branch off?? anyone know? i'm clueless...(as usual)

I think it means shoe? Do you have a pic of the camera?

r6125444.jpg

camera.jpg

there's a better one of just the camera somewhere...but i can't find it ...

and yeah, i thought it meant a shoe, too... but who knows :blink:

Ick... she looks horrible in that last pic.

I love her new album, but I find it irritating that she seems so into promoting her clothing line through it-- songs called "harajuku girls" and constant references to how cool L.A.M.B. is. I don't know, that just bothers me.

brian said:
he only did two seasons with gwen.. his last was f/w 04.. she's working with andrea lieberman now.

she was working with andre befor zaldy, as far as I know, and befor that she was working with the white trash charm girls, but I don't know what happend with that.

Spacemiu said:
she was working with andre befor zaldy, as far as I know, and befor that she was working with the white trash charm girls, but I don't know what happend with that.
i think the white trash charm girls did the little lamb-shaped charms that are on the bags for lesportsac.

agirlcalledk1ll said:
figured i'd post this for anyone interested in what else gwen's doing design-wise...

from people magazine:

Designing is "a whole other way to be creative after doing music for 18 years, to stretch myself," says Gwen Stefani, who's launching a new Japanese-inspired accessories-based line in May called Harajuku Lovers, featuring illustrated characters embodied by the four girls who recently have been accompanying her on the red carpet. Stefani, 35, who comes up with the ideas and works with a team of artists, introduced the first item, a decorated limited-edition HP digital camera (left), last week. This fall she'll introduce jewelry and a new sneaker to her year-old L.A.M.B. (short for Love. Angel. Music. Baby., also the title of her hit solo album) clothing line, and hopes to put on her first fashion show in New York City in September. "To have the chance to do more than put out your concert T-shirt---why not?" she says. "And you get to give it to all your friends!"

so sub-lamb is now called harajuku lovers??
it sounds like a super lovers ripoff to me

ps: i had a feeling there would be l.a.m.b. fashion shows. i can't wait. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG..Dear Lord! Help me!

I actually like some of this..:ninja:

Ofcourse, it seems like it was all ripped off from the designers mentioned before. And ther e are some horrible things there..but it's actually quite..*gulp*..nice. :ninja:

Oh dear..what's happening to me?

But, if I were a I would never buy any of this simply because it is Gwen Stefani's line..a celebrity, not a real real real fashion designer.

I don't really like it, although my girlfriend does. I however, am more obsessed with Gwen Stefani than her fashion aspirations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->