Lanvin F/W 08.09 : Liya and Raquel by Steven Meisel & George Barnett by ?

That's one ugly campaign. It's all too dark and the background is hideous. Are you sure that's shot by Meisel because I don't see the city lights and all the stuff articles described these ads so perfectly and now it's total crap. Liya looks okay but what have they done to Raquel. She looks like a vampire or even like a zombie with the last pose. Bring Olga back.

Olga is too ethereal for a collection this , that's why she was so great for the last one because of the flowing dresses and fabric uses..this was a lot sharper.

If you ever meet a zombie who looks like that please let me know cause I'll want to meet her :flower::lol:

^I just meant the pose she's doing but Thiago, believe me, Zombies don't exist :smile: :flower:. But if I will ever meet one, you will be the first to know.

Olga is too ethereal for a collection this , that's why she was so great for the last one because of the flowing dresses and fabric uses..this was a lot sharper.

i agree olga wouldn't work for this at all.

admittedly the last shot is not that good, it seems like they just photoshopped them on to the background-and badly- but the others are better and i still think this campaign is one the strongest of this season's:huh:

^That's how it looks like to me.

Yeah....and that's GOOD, not bad....- to me and everyone else who likes this campaign at all.

Anyone who likes this and doesn't think it has anything to do with graveyards, zombies, vampires and the undead, please stand up :P

Yeah....and that's GOOD, not bad....- to me and everyone else who likes this campaign at all.

Anyone who likes this and doesn't think it has anything to do with graveyards, zombies, vampires and the undead, please stand up :P

Eh :huh: well yes that's good for you if you like it but I just don't and it's not like I have somethging against vampire/zombie/whatever things if it's done good I would like it too but I simply don't think it's one of Meisel's better jobs. SO the people who are standing up at the moment just ignore my little opinion ^_^.

i think raquel and liya look good in the last two ads, they're definitely not the problem for me. the whole idea is great actually, but, as FlanAuxAbricots said, it looks like they were badly photoshopped on the background...

TBH, I don't think this campaign would have any appeal at all if it wasn't for the vampire undertones. Without making the girls look pale, inhuman and a bit like they might kill you this is just a campaign shot in a park at night.

I'm reconsidering the background...it looks so cheap and photoshopped :ninja:

Are there any other menswear shots going to be released? I'd love to see more as I really loved the first one ^_^

Oh Raquel....Guess you cant do great all the time, but this...

LIYA RULES SUPREME.Fullstop.

The campaign looks okay, but I always feel Meisel's campaigns always seems a little too edgy for Lanvin. Doesn't really fit the brand well.

i love love love the dark mood .. its been a while since Ive seen a campaign like this .. reminds me of the old LV with the dwarves ..lol

I simply love this but you know what? to me Lanvin campaigns have been really over hyped (i know it sounds way too weird).
the ads is gorgeous but... people tend to take them too serious.

I can't think of any other brand that has had such a streak of true perfection...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->