Louis Vuitton F/W 09.10 : Madonna by Steven Meisel

robster16

Reaction score
The first shot of Louis Vuitton's fall winter 09/10 has been leaked on the madonnafanzine forum by member MrBreathless. Another Madonna website www.madonnatribe.com has the following to say about the campaign:

MadonnaTribe has just received some fresh info about the upcoming Louis Vuitton campaign featuring Madonna who was photographed by Steven Meisel for their Autumn/Winter 2009 collection in New York on April 29 under the artistic direction of Marc Jacobs.

We've been told that the result of this new collaboration is once again simply stunning but most importantly for those who were worried about this "Part Deux" it looks very different from the Spring campaign and has a completely original feel.

Madonna's look in the new images will be basically the one you're all familiar with thanks to the MET gala: long boots, a few variations of dresses mainly in blue and magenta, and this year's Vuitton's signature bunny ears.

Madonna is always wearing gloves and in every image she holds a different bag from the new collection of the French maison. She's portrayed leaning on a sofa and seated on an armchair, with a heavy, plain curtain in the background. This time there is no set location at all - the atmosphere is a bit dark and definetly intimate.

One interesting part is that each image is digitally enhanced with colorizing effects that somehow recall the high-dynamic range photography, giving to the new campaign an absolutely contemporary yet timeless vibe.

From what we understand up to seven different images - spanning from close-ups to american-shot compositions - will be released in the August 2009 issue of fashion magazines worldwide coming out next month.

ilk7z6.jpg

source: madonnafanzine.com & madonnatribe.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I actually like it even if Madge is as stiff as a wood and her face is photoshopped beyond reality. This is way better than last season's leg lifts and whatnot. Thumbs up for this

Wow, the poses look like the shots of Vanity Fair a while ago, but the intensity of the photoshop
for this on Madonna just goes even higher, the effects to me are like the lousy excuse to cover up the flaws on her

Awful photoshop work. It looks like a looking glass!
That shot is just terrible. The photoshop has totally ruined it for me.

vogue 28 but if you have to choose between this and last season's?

Ugh, some people use photoshop as a populist term. Photoshop is a tool for photographers nowadays, to achieve certain artistic results. But nowadays every single time it's used people cry wolf. Even though Madonna probably received just as much work in the 90's, but then it wasn't such common practise for everyone to know how to achieve certain effects.

I love the effect they achieved, it's different, stylised, modern and has a 1920's NY vibe to it. The overdramatizing of the use of photoshop is mindnumbing, knowing that models half Madonna's age probably need just as much "work" as she does, even babies for god's sake! Just take it for what it is, a tool for artists to push things to a new level and achieve new looks and feels...

Ugh, some people use photoshop as a populist term. Photoshop is a tool for photographers nowadays, to achieve certain artistic results. But nowadays every single time it's used people cry wolf. Even though Madonna probably received just as much work in the 90's, but then it wasn't such common practise for everyone to know how to achieve certain effects.

I love the effect they achieved, it's different, stylised, modern and has a 1920's NY vibe to it. The overdramatizing of the use of photoshop is mindnumbing, knowing that models half Madonna's age probably need just as much "work" as she does, even babies for god's sake! Just take it for what it is, a tool for artists to push things to a new level and achieve new looks and feels...

I don't mind photoshop at all. It's just when it contributes to disasters like this.
Although I'm saying 'disasters'. I might like the next shots..

I think there's a big difference between using photoshop to mask flaws (uneven coloring, dark circles, blemishes, freckles, what have you) and using photoshop to erase any trace of life or humanity from a face. She looks like a Madonna-themed sex doll here. At this point I think people in general are growing tired of fashion images that are becoming more and more plastic.

As for the ad itself, it's not exactly what I was expecting, which may or may not be a good thing. I like the color, as well as the solarizing effect (or whatever that negative color effect is called) but the pose, expression and overall composition is kind of off to me somehow.

Maybe it's that the fun, silliness and perversity conveyed in the collection doesn't come through here.

I like how the shadow falls on her face, it makes her look soft and inviting. It's almost like a painting by Tamara de Lempicka.

I think there's a big difference between using photoshop to mask flaws (uneven coloring, dark circles, blemishes, freckles, what have you) and using photoshop to erase any trace of life or humanity from a face. She looks like a Madonna-themed sex doll here. At this point I think people in general are growing tired of fashion images that are becoming more and more plastic.

As for the ad itself, it's not exactly what I was expecting, which may or may not be a good thing. I like the color, as well as the solarizing effect (or whatever that negative color effect is called) but the pose, expression and overall composition is kind of off to me somehow.

Maybe it's that the fun, silliness and perversity conveyed in the collection doesn't come through here.

Who is to say this specific look wasn't the point from the get go? Photoshop, retouching is an integral part of photography now, accept it, get over it! Artists will continue to use new techniques and look for different ways to use them and create different styles! You might not like this look, but don't blame photoshop. They used as much work on pics of M in the 90's compared to now. It's just more advanced work, more advanced processing and more stylised. It's progress, advancing of techniques. Think of it as the transition from painting in oil, to watercolor, to photography to well... retouched photo compositions!

Someone pointed out Tamara de Lempicka, good observation, and considering that Madonna is a big collector of her paintings and has used them as an inspiration many times before might make this whole look come together!

WOW (in a bad way).

Bad pose, bad colors + sh!tloads of photoshop = awful!

The first shot of Louis Vuitton's fall winter 09/10 has been leaked on the madonnafanzine forum by member MrBreathless. Another Madonna website www.madonnatribe.com has the following to say about the campaign:

MadonnaTribe has just received some fresh info about the upcoming Louis Vuitton campaign featuring Madonna who was photographed by Steven Meisel for their Autumn/Winter 2009 collection in New York on April 29 under the artistic direction of Marc Jacobs.

We've been told that the result of this new collaboration is once again simply stunning but most importantly for those who were worried about this "Part Deux" it looks very different from the Spring campaign and has a completely original feel.

Madonna's look in the new images will be basically the one you're all familiar with thanks to the MET gala: long boots, a few variations of dresses mainly in blue and magenta, and this year's Vuitton's signature bunny ears.

Madonna is always wearing gloves and in every image she holds a different bag from the new collection of the French maison. She's portrayed leaning on a sofa and seated on an armchair, with a heavy, plain curtain in the background. This time there is no set location at all - the atmosphere is a bit dark and definetly intimate.

One interesting part is that each image is digitally enhanced with colorizing effects that somehow recall the high-dynamic range photography, giving to the new campaign an absolutely contemporary yet timeless vibe.

From what we understand up to seven different images - spanning from close-ups to american-shot compositions - will be released in the August 2009 issue of fashion magazines worldwide coming out next month.

Yeah I also do see the Tamara dL influence a little.

I like that particular Photoshop filter used here, it is interesting. That said, yeah, the photo is 'digitally enhanced' alright... she looks like the Greek god Hermes with the ultra chiseled nose and a 18 year old's face.

Snejana looks like this woman's much much much older sister.

hermesbust-l.jpg

creativesyndicate.org
www.madonnafanzine.com
www.madonnatribe.com

This isn't a Louis Vuitton campaign - this is Madonna fan art made by someone who has been experimenting with layers on Photoshop at best.

Who is to say this specific look wasn't the point from the get go? Photoshop, retouching is an integral part of photography now, accept it, get over it! Artists will continue to use new techniques and look for different ways to use them and create different styles! You might not like this look, but don't blame photoshop. They used as much work on pics of M in the 90's compared to now. It's just more advanced work, more advanced processing and more stylised. It's progress, advancing of techniques. Think of it as the transition from painting in oil, to watercolor, to photography to well... retouched photo compositions!

Someone pointed out Tamara de Lempicka, good observation, and considering that Madonna is a big collector of her paintings and has used them as an inspiration many times before might make this whole look come together!

No need to bark. People may have different ideas about how a photo should look like. Pascal Dangin is at work again: I bet he charged at least 250,000 just to touch these photos. Madonna needs so much work to look decent nowadays. Those are not her arms, cheekbones, lips, or even face-shape. No one is criticizing this system: we have all accepted it. But it is insipid to create such a debate here when someone thinks that she looks robotic here.

To me the photo looks more like M&M rather than Meisel, for one.

Plus, no matter how much de Lempicka she collects, I bet her only input to these photos are 'make me look young, and not like Gollum as I usually do.' Meisel does whatever he wants. Who is Madonna to say how an ad campaign for the biggest luxury brand is supposed to be shot? She is the model. She should thank Marc and Yves Charcelle for keeping her relevant at these twilight years of her popularity.

This isn't a Louis Vuitton campaign - this is Madonna fan art made by someone who has been experimenting with layers on Photoshop at best.

yes it is real, i've actually seen the whole set and the video

^I was being facetious; I just can't take the campaign seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"