Lanvin Resort 2025 Paris

Chic but super boring
Getting some Carven, Altuzarra, COS and Arket vibe
Hate mixing men and women, so messy as a lookbook

I love it! Finally some good proposition from Lanvin. I hope they will finally be able to get back into the game.

According to the Vogue Runway review, a new artistic director will be announced in the next coming days.
In the days ahead, the house will—finally!—announce the name of its new artistic director. But despite the headrush of a new appointment, it’s worth remembering that the new Lanvin’s next phase is a culmination of two-and-a-half years of careful reframing and rebuilding by deputy managing director Siddhartha Shukla and his team. Judging by the buzziness in the showroom, something is afoot.

“It’s not an overnight thing, but growth is as strong as it’s been in a decade and I believe in the talent of the studio,” Shukla offered during a preview of the new collection. The imminent arrival of a (seasoned) new figurehead, he added, portends not a revolution but rather a re-situating of the maison as a go-to for what made it famous in the first place: le chic ultime.

[...]

In all, it looked like the studio has been working hard and the groundwork is laid. But ultimate, “radical” chic never comes without a dash of daring, a little sass, and a knowing wink. Here’s hoping the new steward—whomever it may be—can throw all that into the mix. If so, then Lanvin will really land back on the map.

It’s Chic but Insipid…It’s Matthieu Blazy by The Meier couple for Lanvin.
Their general manger was at Theory long time, art director Fabien Baron's wife Ludivine Poiblanc styled this and all the in between collections. She also styled some Theory ads under this manger, so I doubt the new CD can get rid of her (because they are good pals) or push Lanvin in a new direction.

Both picture below

wl_37858_5269953.jpg
BFA

Their general manger was at Theory long time, art director Fabien Baron's wife Ludivine Poiblanc styled this and all the in between collections. She also styled some Theory ads under this manger, so I doubt the new CD can get rid of her (because they are good pals) or push Lanvin in a new direction.

Both picture below

View attachment 1277410
BFA
Yeah I know…
Even though she is very chic, I can sometimes find her work (and also Fabien’s) a bit cold and distant. I like when things are a bit warm and playful. I remember Alber’s lookbooks, even when showing very simple clothes, had personality.

That’s for example why I loved Daniel Lee’s lookbooks by Jonathan Frantini.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->