Lanvin S/S 11 Paris

I see he is using the jersey from Fall Winter in this collection. It reminds me a lot of how his Menswear felt for some reason. The looks in jersey had similar colours to the menswear, from memory.

My initial reaction to this is that he is exploring a darker take on Resort wear. Everything seems like a darker version of what he generally does for Resort. The prints were muted and made a little more rich. Also the embellished looks seemed stronger and harder for some reason?

So far, I like the simplicity in this, but I think it lacks coherence. Last season seemed to me to be much more developed in terms of theme and aesthetics.

Ps. I don't understand those three pops of neon colour (Yellow, Pink and Red). They look out of place. How do people feel they fit into the context of the show?

Well, I'm kind of warming my feelings toward it so far. I'm really attracted to the clean, simple looks that opened the show and generally appreciate the minimal side of this collection, just not keen on what happens later. Need some time for this, I guess.

I really like the flat shoes, they look so good here.

This looks like 3 or 4 different collections combined into one. The differences between the fabrics, prints and textures are rather drastic and seem completely unrelated to each other.

I love the flowy dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is looking a little scattered, which is unusual for a Lanvin collection, but some of the pieces look great. That long sleeved gown with the cutouts under the arms deserves a red carpet moment of some sort.

this is easily, hands down my favorite lanvin collection in quite some time. I love the flowing jersey and leather harness details. I love the sheath dresses with the sashes draped around. The only thing I would pass up on are the vertical panelled pieces because they are doing the models no favors. Everything else though makes the models look their very best. You can tell that tailoring was important here.

Ooh I love this. It's very beautiful.
It will be in the top 10 overall favs.

Forgot to mention that I love the shoes.
I want the flat sandals like now.

agreeing with everyone who said it was messy. i was excited to see the minimal pieces (no jewelry?! what haha). but when i saw more of the show i got a little disappointed seeing everything because it was too much and all over the place.

there are really nice pieces, the minimalist pieces i love. i still like the collection, haven't been completely disappointed by a lanvin collection however sometimes the collections seem to blend into each other too much.

on the other hand :smile: ossendrijver is killin it on the mens part. just had to throw that in there!

Cathy Horyn seems to be saying at OTR that Alber wasn't quite himself this season, running late, stressed, visibly less enthusiastic.

This was a cold mess of a collection. All over the place. Some nice pieces yes but some sections that just seemed wrong - as follows -

Looks 10 through 14. People are saying ooh ahh good old Parisien chic. Not here. Elbaz is known, right, for crafting beautiful elegant moulage dresses that flatter the form like nobody else quite can. I don't say he can't pattern cut a tailored look too but for starters these pieces just don't look well cut, don't quite sit correctly somehow. Then there's the styling - the flats and the leggings. Those feel like an attempt to ease the brand, to try to appeal to a younger audience. We ended up here with looks that were neither elegant nor edgy. Rather just plain sloppy.

Looks 33 to 35. What the crumply slop hell were those. I'm not usually stuck for words.

These sections appear to be some sort of attempt to reach a new audience. You have to ask why. If it ain't broke don't fix. You always think of Lanvin as one of the buyers darlings but maybe the level of 'lady' the recent positioning evidently carries just isn't being consumed in the quantities it once was. Hence a half-arsed attempt to put the feelers out toward new younger positioning in part.

You get the feeling perhaps Alber isn't quite comfortable with that sort of change, that it's not really him. If it showed in his demeanour it showed in some of the looks too. At times kind of embarrassing like dad-dancing or other cringey stuff. If this is the best Paris show I'm a monkey's uncle. The whole was schizoid, indecisive, disorganised and painfully uncharacteristically for Lanvin, some of it was ugly and sloppy.

It's good to see Elbaz moving forward. He was kinda drawing out his draping obsession too far , not that I was complaining or anything ^_^
I think this has a much stronger sense of what spring is about than his last spring collection. The lightness and the simplicity is so refreshing.

Although I agree with others who have pointed out this is not the most cohesive collection from Alber and Lanvin (more like several collections of cohesive ideas), there are some common threads running throughout. A really stunning collection to get excited about :heart:

What I love the most is the mix of sporty and feminine. The racerback tops with light flowy skirts, and some thicker neoprene style fabric. I really loved the laidback but still ladylike shapes in the floral outfits as well. So beautiful.

I also have to agree that this collection was a bit scattered. However, 99% of the pieces are actually really good and I'm sure that if he had stuck to one of the many ideas here the collection would have been cohesive and fantastic.

^^i agree, I like the sportswear, and I think it makes Lanvin look classy, yet less snobby. It's much more approachable, wearable and luxurious at the same time. To be honest, he's not the best red carpet designer :ninja: but this I could see worn by someone who isn't the typical edgy-ish star (i think we know who i mean...). Not everyone can wear Lanvin, but I'm very tire of seeing all these stars wear it so horribly on the red carpet :innocent: This is much more laid back and fresh, unlike last season. I don't want it to be permanent, the collection is a bit unsure of itself and like purplethistle said "scattered", but and I do think it's a positively remarkable collection this unremarkable season, and it's always nice to see (remarkable) change:D

ooh this looks very interesting. Was wondering if anyone could post HQ's. It's up on style, but I'm not able to save it in HQ. :(

The design is nothing amazing but as usual Lanvin delivers with incredible cut and quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->