Lanvin S/S 05 Paris

I've gone through this collection twice and I'm sad to say that there are more pieces I dislike than I like :(
as a whole, I'm really not feeling it.
personally loved his SS 04 collection much better.

anyway, here are some of my favorite

00190f.jpg
00270f.jpg

00360f.jpg
00500f.jpg

00530f.jpg
00560f.jpg

I don't want to rain on Elbaz's parade, but I'm really not keen on any of this, save the yellow coat. It's very uninspiring and very "influenced" (don't want to say copied), but I see so much Issey Miyake and Dries here, I don't know...

I see more of an Oscar influence if anything but anyway regardless of that fact it's still so fresh and the cuts are impeccable. A truly great collection

there was a bit more glamour than i'm used to seeing from elbaz...and i kind of took exception to the almost-de-la-renta dresses...i didn't really see the cohesion of this collection but it still worked...just a little subpar for him.

I really love that yellow coat. This piece worn on Cintia is awfully pretty. Is it just a cape? I would like to own it. :blush:

00520f.jpg

Originally posted by Lena@Oct 10 2004, 08:02 PM
2004-10-10T175655Z_01_PAR121D_RTRIDSP_2_FRANCE-FASHION.jpg

:lol: :heart:
[snapback]392723[/snapback]​

Does anyone know what’s wrong with his right hand? Too much work to finish the collection in time, perhaps?

Originally posted by faust@Oct 11 2004, 10:35 AM
I don't want to rain on Elbaz's parade, but I'm really not keen on any of this, save the yellow coat. It's very uninspiring and very "influenced" (don't want to say copied), but I see so much Issey Miyake and Dries here, I don't know...
[snapback]393651[/snapback]​

I agree! More so Dries. Maybe even some Romeo Gigli.

I like some of it though. Especially that blouse which Softie posted,that looked like a textile pattern with gold metallic embroidery...

aHHHH i love this skirt

00530f.jpg

and the 'thing' plumour posted

for me it was a pure Elbaz collection, i cant see the Dries influence, what you call Miyake-ism i call it Grecian/Fortuny inspiration (ancient fabric technique) as for the Valentino link.. if only Valentino was so fresh.. :innocent:

not sure about his hand, but Elbaz sure seems relaxed and joyful, love his 'non serious' mood :P

review from FWD...guess he broke his wrist:

Lanvin: Alber Elbaz on Message Again

Mon Oct 11, 1:34 PM ET by Godfrey Deeny

Fashion Wire Daily October 11,2004- PARIS - Politicians like to be on messages. Designers to do, and no designer presented a more focused statement of his aesthetic this season than Alber Elbaz at Lanvin.

The runways of Paris have been crammed with echoes of this summer’s Olympic games in Athens, with every second collection containing goddess dresses and Grecian shifts. Elbaz, however, made the classic silhouette his own with a phenomenally exact collection, where the cutting was as precise as the Flamenco guitar solo that heralded the start of the show.

“I could only draw large shapes,” Elbaz told a crowd of fans backstage, pointing to his recently broken wrist, to self-deprecatingly explain the subtly looser silhouette.

For day, he had some wonderful flared faille coats, like the stunner that model Eugenia Volodina wore in the show’s third passage. Most fabrics looked washed out or aged, providing just the right patina for Elbaz’s take on modern fashion.

Some fashion retailers have expressed concern that the bell-shaped dresses and bubble skirts seen on runways this season won’t be an easy sell at retail for real women. Forget that worry about this Lanvin collection, where Elbaz’s great technique of loosening the line, heightening the waistline and using feathery Fortuny-like pleated fabrics made for a beautifully light silhouette.

No wonder he got the biggest cheer of any designer this weekend in Paris.

this is the coat on eugenia:

00030f.jpg

I love the yellow coat and the fuschia, but I'm not totally feeling this collection at all.

Hmm, not feeling it. Haven't liked a collection since last spring.

I like the volume of the pieces, so nice. I'm getting sick of the pleating on everything.

But the trench, and the short poofy dresses.... J'adore

so...maybe i'm crazy...but i think elbaz is still channeling ysl...

plus i think he's channeling balenciaga...with a hint of dior...
i don't know where those grecian numbers came from...probably fortuny as lena said...
i loved most of it...not feeling the fortuny... :ninja:

that yellow and that fuschia were pure ysl...as was the gold lame...and the epaulets...(which pilati also did)..actually...if you compare this collection to pilati's for ysl...you'll actually see quite a few similarities...it's like they're drawing from the same well-they have the same influences...i guess because they are of the same generation... it's like they're using the same paintbox...but painting their own picture from their personal perspective...it's like a collage...
i think it's so cool... that must be a great job... and i think they're both doing very well this season...

it will be interesting to see what the future holds for both these men...
hooray...fashion's back!...

:clap: :woot: :heart:

i love this...this could have been at ysl...

and this just screams balenciaga to me...

again...i see this on a ysl runway...

i really dont share the critisism regarding ysl, christobal balenciaga etc.

the Fortuny connection is there , but i certainly dont see this as a bad thing, not at all (much more since its a highly artisanal , handmade technique)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauras
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->