Lanvin S/S 2022 Paris

I think that this collection finally reconcile the vision he tries to portray on his campaigns and what’s going on in the shows. This is the direction he should follow.

I really like this collection. Bruno, much like Alessandro understand that Alber created the modern image for Lanvin so, it’s fitting for him to merge his aesthetic to what Alber created.

So, I’m happy to see the Happy Partage bag back, the signature draping and it’s funny that I mentioned SS14 in the Tom Ford thread because it’s also referenced here.

I love the knitwear (to die for), the dress on Anok and the dress on Adut. Those pieces are perfect!

What bring this collection down is the addition of the menswear. It just kills the vibe. The womenswear is very grown up, dressy, sexy and confident and the menswear is this weird mashup of streetwear and whatever. The cast doesn’t mix at all!

And talking about the cast, that is a great cast….But call me hater but I can’t with Naomi. I’m happy she is working but I would rather have her in the middle of the show than opening and closing. It’s not a surprise anymore and her look is weaker than Anok’s.

I love this, he just got everything right.

The show help to elevated this collection. With the presentations, he made an homage to the 200s but it's too literal, it's like he really want to sell you that nostalgia. With this show he tamed it down, take elements from the 2000s Elbaz's Lanvin mix with the 1920s Art deco. The dresses are sexy, the bags and shoes are fun and fabulous.

I'm okay with selling nostalgia, but at least make relevant for today. There is no point to buy something in 2021 that looks like they just the direct copy the 2000s, (Looking at you Gucci, red Velvet suits). I rather buy the original instead.

The only thing I don't understand that for the womenswear he dressing for sexy grownups ladies. But for the menswear he decided to dressing for her sons. The Batman shirts and shoes really look out of place in this collection. Which is another reason designers should just have separate men and women shows.

I love this new confident in Bruno, you can see that he gets more and more comfortable with the codes of the house. When he just started, he still relied on that Loewe aesthetic (because it's easier for him). Now I can't wait to see what he will do for the future. One thing for sure, he is here to stay.

Anok's dress is fabulous! And the cat minaudiere is so adorable I can't hate it. Actually, I've loved all of his cat motif bags to date lol.

Menswear is starting to look embarrassingly out of place. Nothing says luxury like a trainer made in "collaboration with Warner Bros.Consumer Products" ...

I have the feeling they are trying to make cash from Alber Elbaz memory, now that he has passed away. Some of the looks are totally Elbaz.

I like this dress, I think is the only interesting piece from the whole collection...and it is very Elbaz!

0suxRquq_o.jpg

Naomi Campbell looks like a walking wax figure from Madame´s Tussauds.

I agree with Lola, the clothes are quite nice. but the men's line distracts from the impact of the women's clothes. Not a fan of coed fashion shows.

great collection, stunning dresses (yes, super alber)

i liked the batman pieces too. colour palette is fantastic.

Fran and Paloma in SS 10 dress with SS 09 decorations and still he made it worse. what are these cancer moles on chests?

livingly.com
screenshots from gettyimages.com

It started out very promising but the menswear quickly takes this down into the wrong path...It's passable whenever he stays true to the very 2006 silhouettes of babydoll and empire waist dresses climbed on top of kilometric platforms. Mona and He Cong also look fine. In short: stay away from gimmicky prints and embroideries, Bruno...and hire someone who knows how to do menswear.

I can immediately see the Alber's reference.
I am not sure if I like it, but why suddenly referencing Alber when you are trying to distance your aesthetic before?
I saw their sneakers are selling well (from Chinese media), but I'm not sure if it's a marketing media account.

There are some nice pieces referencing Alber's work but overall killed by those ugly prints and embroideries. This brand should be closed along with Rochas and Nina Ricci, just to name a few!
NO PEOPLE HAVE JOBS THERE !!

It started out very promising but the menswear quickly takes this down into the wrong path...It's passable whenever he stays true to the very 2006 silhouettes of babydoll and empire waist dresses climbed on top of kilometric platforms. Mona and He Cong also look fine. In short: stay away from gimmicky prints and embroideries, Bruno...and hire someone who knows how to do menswear.
RIGHT, THE MENSWEAR DIDNT WORK WITH THIS

I think the collection was good enough, some looks like Mona's, Elyse's and Anok's are outstanding. I liked some of the light blue outfits as well, both mens and womens, and on top of that I was delighted to see Carmen Kass!

I can immediately see the Alber's reference.
I am not sure if I like it, but why suddenly referencing Alber when you are trying to distance your aesthetic before?
I saw their sneakers are selling well (from Chinese media), but I'm not sure if it's a marketing media account.
Maybe because Bruno was clever to realize that you cannot escape Alber’s heritage.

Designers with their egos tries sometimes to erase the past but when the past is glorious, you cannot escape that! You must embrace that…

The best seller bags at Dior now were designed by Galliano and Ferre, their cash cow logo by Bohan. Gucci cannot escape Tom Ford. Frida after seasons referenced him. Alessandro embraced him.

It’s clever for Bruno even if the original did not tried that hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->