Liberty of London for Target

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Target is partnering with Liberty of London, the luxury brand known for its bold florals and exuberant prints, to launch one of the largest collections it’s ever undertaken with an outside brand. The line will encompass fashion, home and other categories.

Liberty of London for Target will bow on March 14 in Target stores nationwide and on target.com. The fashion segment will feature apparel and accessories for women, men and children. Target did not reveal details or prices for the collection other than to say it will be “well priced.” Liberty’s Web site features signature print shirts in abstract and floral fabrics priced at 75 pounds, or $125 at current exchange, and 85 pounds, or $141. The British retailer offers dresses and skirts in Liberty prints in collaboration with designers such as Theory and APC.

Target did not discuss specifics of the home collection. However, products could be similar to the pillows, cosmetics bags, lamp shades and notebooks in iconic prints found on the Liberty site. Timed to coincide with the spring season, Liberty of London for Target also will feature storage and organization and garden products.

“Target really started the trend of pairing mass marketers with brands and designers, and I feel like Liberty is joining their hall of fame,” said Geoffroy de la Bourdonnaye, chief executive officer of Liberty. “It’s a real accolade for us to team with a store that is known as an incubator of fresh talent and design. We consider Liberty to be the same, so it’s a good pairing.”

Liberty has chosen its favorite items from the Target collection — fashion, home, babywear and bird houses — and will sell them in the London store beginning in April, through December.

“Target has created one of the biggest price and product ranges they have ever done with a brand,” de la Bourdonnaye said. “There’s everything from bird houses and bicycles to lingerie. I’m happy about that because it means they will be attracting a large audience. And that will give Liberty great exposure to the biggest market in the world.”

Despite the exposure, collaborating with Target wasn’t an easy decision for Liberty to make. “People outside the U.S. don’t really know how big Target is and what it means,” de la Bourdonnaye said. “Ed Burstell [Liberty’s buying director] and I had to explain to our shareholders just how important this collaboration could be. Now, our chairman [Richard Balfour-Lynn] is over the moon.”

The 134-year-old Liberty of London has been in demand. Kate Moss used Liberty prints in her Topshop collections, and Hermès created a line of scarves using Liberty cottons. “The collaboration comes at a perfect time for us,” said de la Bourdonnaye. “I love the idea of our heritage combined with a very cool retailer. Our theme next year is Flower Power, and that is really the spirit of the Target products.”

wwd.com

Attachments

• liberty1.jpg
    liberty1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 9
seems like its going to be in US stores for a long time!

another small pic from wwd

Attachments

• liberty2.jpg
    liberty2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 390
i think there will be quite a lot of items.

i think target partially licensed liberty to replace their rachel ashwell home line (whose shabby chic brand imploded at the beginning of the recession last year) whose items might be phased out of target.

can't to see it all! will be getting things for me and my lil sis!

here are images of some of the home collection (there is even a liberty print bike for 200$)

i can't wait until the lingerie comes out.

blog.rimasuqi.com

Attachments

• libert1.jpg
    libert1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 343
  • liberty2.jpg
    liberty2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 332
  • liberty3.jpg
    liberty3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 8
  • liberty4.jpg
    liberty4.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 320
  • liberty5.jpg
    liberty5.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 320
  • liberty6.jpg
    liberty6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 5
thanks for these pics lucy! i've been dying to see something. i too can't wait to see the lingerie (and also bedsheets). i hope there are lots and lots of bedsheets!

so excited that this is coming up. i hope there's some good stuff for guys...i really hope ties are added into the mix, that seems like a decent product piece to showcase when it comes to a collab with Liberty... the times when guys don't get stiffed by these target collabs are so far and few...

i really hope more images surface soon!

ties would be an excellent idea. i hope so!

i know there are scarves. (the liberty of london for mac scarves cost 95$ - these will be a lot cheaper)

I love Liberty prints, but I am worried about the quality. The last few target collabs have left much to be desired.

there are ties for men and they cost $20!

i'm looking forward to the lingerie most... but the housewares look somewhat promising as well...

there are quite a lot of items pictured in the new march issue of instyle magazine.

they show the bike, candles, ties, stationary, a trench, flip flops, the watering can etc. in it.

i am also interested in the candles. ^_^

some of target's designer home line items can sell out in one day.

toord boontje and orla kieli's items for target still go for double, triple retail cost on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->