Lolita Chic

Originally posted by slinky_vagabond@Nov 6 2004, 05:22 PM

003.jpg

Some more pics......
Too bad the look is so over in Japan. :cry:
[snapback]420790[/snapback]​

yeah, "the bridge" has now been taken over by dealers selling pictures of idols and the junior highers in their rainbow and bright yellow mish mash clothes groping for a postcard of ayaya or ayu. :angry:

and i love that pic of the gothic families! :flower: i think its adorable! esp the one with the baby....:finds creepyness cute: :innocent:

I love it, reminds me of elementary school/grade school.

Would you say there is a difference between the trend for childlike clothes and Lolita chic? I think some of the Marc by Marc Jacobs stuff is less sexy more child.

I think they belong to the same movement. They are just two different angles of it... I also think you could combine the two.

Perhaps the trend with Mickey Mouse shirts is a foreplay to the child-like angle of this trend.:unsure:

a1172.jpg

The Lolita film discussion is interesting. Perhaps the whole movement/trend has sprung from Hollywood? I mean, there have been a lot of films with that theme as of late.

Found this list on the net:

- Carrol Baker in "Baby doll" (1956)
- Sue Lyon in "Lolita" (1962)
- Dominique Swain in "Lolita" (1997) & "Face off"
- Vanessa Paradis in "White wedding"
- Kirsten Dunst in "The virgin suicides"
- Anna Paquin in "The 25h Hour"
- Isild Le besco in "La puce" and "Sade"
- Winona Ryder in "Great balls of fire"
- Jane March in "The lover"
- Scarlett Johansson in "The man who wasn't there"
- Brooke Shields in "Pretty baby"
- Jodie Foster in "Taxi Driver"
- Leelee Sobieski in "Eyes wide shut" and "L'idole"
- Elodie Bouchez in "Stan the flasher"
- Mena Suvari in "American beauty"
- Natalie Portman in "Léon" and "Beautiful girls"
- Christina Ricci in "Buffalo '66"
- Thora Birch in "Ghost world"
- Alison Lohman in "Matchstick Men"
- Charlotte Gainsbourg in "Charlotte forever"
- Liv Tyler in "Stealing beauty"
- Vanessa Paradis in "Elisa"
- Maïwenn in "La gamine"
- Marie Gillain in "Mon père ce héros"
- Catherine Demongeot in "Zazie in the metro"
- Judith Vittet in "The city of lost children"
- Misha Barton in "Lawn dogs"
- Vahina Giocante in "Marie baie des anges"
- Ludivine Sagnier in "Water drops on burning rocks"

Also found this book:

0859651304.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This book deals with the Hollywood nymphet (this apparently being a different word for lolita).

:heart: Lolita.

Those first Anna Molinari's posted...!

I loved the book. I've only seen the Lolita with Dominique Swain, and the styling is so cute. I was really impressed by her acting, I'm surprised why she hasn't worked more often..?

I'm loving this style, it's very apropiate for teens, instead of 'ladylike'. But I hate this lolita-gothic-japanese style, I prefer it in a more romantic and naïf way.
Always miniskirts, and babydoll dresses. I'm 17 and I feel so good in a lolita-hippy style. Philosophy by AF 05 (loving this collection)
[attachmentid=31373]

Attachments

• phi005.jpg
    phi005.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 119
But I hate this lolita-gothic-japanese style, I prefer it in a more romantic and naïf way.

Puccipatterned: I agree with you!

However, I believe this trend will be big due to its diversity. There's the child-like toy trend, gothic lolita trend, sweet naïve trend, french gamine trend and a more simple, sober trend.

It's a lot more wearable than the whole ladylike thing, which, quite frankly, I don't identify with at all (I'm 18... :P )

:heart: Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti!

ferretti has always done a version of this...and she does it quite beautifully and not in such a childish , costume-y way...

i also like this style for sleepwear...in the 50's, 60's, 70's...lots of companies made babydoll pj's...now it's pretty hard to find...i wish it would come back a bit...so cute and comfy...

ps-while i wouldn't not wear the gothic lolita style myself...i think it is beautiful and creative and when done right, i simply adore it... :flower:
thx for those pics purple and slinky...

This book deals with the Hollywood nymphet (this apparently being a different word for lolita).

Nymphet is the word Vladimir Nabokov created to describe the character Lolita. Humbert Humbert, the pedophile, refers to her as a nymphet. B)

Originally posted by mediola@Nov 7 2004, 07:15 PM
Nymphet is the word Vladimir Nabokov created to describe the character Lolita. Humbert Humbert, the pedophile, refers to her as a nymphet. B)
[snapback]421666[/snapback]​

Cool...

Thanks for clearing this up :flower:

Another Lolita-pretty photograph, the model is Tanya Pilyukova.

Attachments

• out.jpg
    out.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 177
I love the look :woot: depending on my mood I tend to like gothic lolita (dovile's skull dress :woot: :flower: ) it gives the look an interesting edge :P

but I do love the more romantic, slightly softer look as well, as seen in the ss04 blumarine collection, or the fw04 anna molinari :heart:

lovely pic, btw, purple! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyokay
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->