Lolita Chic

This one has been coming for a long time!!!
It's already taken over the streets of Japan (namely Harajuku +surrounding areas) as prevously stated, and is quickly making it's way around underground +sub-cultures in Europe and America.
The full blown gothic lolita is probably unlikely to emerge as a fashion, most probably stay pretty much underground, but already a momentum of it's diluted self is growing and designers are picking up on the underground as often they do.
Wether this is after having seen the subculture, or merely in reaction to the recent trend for "ladylike" and prim fashions I don't know. But there's definately a rising...
I kinda hope it does continue to influence as I like the style in a diluted form.

I've been noticing these advertisements lately. The bags themselves aren't anything much, but the replacement of models with near Chucky dolls is quite something... :ninja:

Attachments

• doll.jpg
    doll.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 13,189
love the dresses from viktor&rolf!!!! :heart: :heart:

especially skinny girls would look good with this trend

I really like this trend, and I agree that it makes sense to come off of the ladylike idea into a childlike one. It's also interesting to note that there are a number of Lolita-like models out there as of the last couple of years...or at least a few big names. Gemma Ward and Lily Cole come to mind.

Bags from YSL Rive Gauche's newest accessories collection, they seemed very Gothic Lolita. :zorro:

Attachments

• gothloli.jpg
    gothloli.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 34
  • gothloli2.jpg
    gothloli2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 28
  • gothloli3.jpg
    gothloli3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 29
purple...what season are those bags from-spring or fall?...

i'm absolutely loving them.... :heart: :flower:

thx purple...i love the ones you picked out...simply gorgeous... :heart: :flower:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 26 2004, 07:19 PM
Bags from YSL Rive Gauche's newest accessories collection, they seemed very Gothic Lolita. :zorro:
[snapback]440823[/snapback]​
I've just realized that I put these in the wrong topic. :doh: :(

I love visiting this topic. And I practically swear, wintour and gang come here to pick out trends.

regardless of topic, those ysl bags are great purple.

not sure what I think of it being splashed all over style.com's page. it does seem we have some spies lurking. :ninja:
I prefer gothic lolita...it's edgier and fewer people will be trying it.

I came across this site which I've absolutely fallen in love with: http://www.babyssb.co.jp/ (baby the stars shine bright)

the clothes are too adorable...it seems to be a mix of gothic lolita and sweeter, more innocent stuff.

128229e.jpg

128522side.jpg

128325-bb.jpg
pretty wee coat :heart:

Originally posted by utopia@Nov 27 2004, 03:12 AM
not sure what I think of it being splashed all over style.com's page. it does seem we have some spies lurking. :ninja:
I prefer gothic lolita...it's edgier and fewer people will be trying it.

I came across this site which I've absolutely fallen in love with: http://www.babyssb.co.jp/ (baby the stars shine bright)

the clothes are too adorable...it seems to be a mix of gothic lolita and sweeter, more innocent stuff.

128229e.jpg

128522side.jpg

128325-bb.jpg
pretty wee coat :heart:
[snapback]441126[/snapback]​

OH MY GOD THAT SKIRT!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :flower: :flower: :flower:

-orgasm- :cry:

I love the 'pretty wee coat', so gorgeous. Gonna look at that site now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->