Lolita Chic

Originally posted by utopia@Nov 27 2004, 03:12 AM
I came across this site which I've absolutely fallen in love with: http://www.babyssb.co.jp/ (baby the stars shine bright)

the clothes are too adorable...it seems to be a mix of gothic lolita and sweeter, more innocent stuff.

128229e.jpg

128522side.jpg

128325-bb.jpg
pretty wee coat :heart:
[snapback]441126[/snapback]​
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
those are unspeakably adorable :o

utopia...thanks for the link...that site gives me palpitations... :wub: :lol:

when i went to japan i went to harajuku and dressed in all of it! it was awesome. people asked for my pictures. it was during sales too which is much much cheaper.

Originally posted by utopia@Nov 27 2004, 04:12 AM
not sure what I think of it being splashed all over style.com's page. it does seem we have some spies lurking. :ninja:
I prefer gothic lolita...it's edgier and fewer people will be trying it.

I came across this site which I've absolutely fallen in love with: http://www.babyssb.co.jp/ (baby the stars shine bright)

the clothes are too adorable...it seems to be a mix of gothic lolita and sweeter, more innocent stuff.

128229e.jpg

128522side.jpg

128325-bb.jpg
pretty wee coat :heart:
[snapback]441126[/snapback]​
:o If I'm converting the prizes on the site right..the the jacket is only 220£/418$ and 85£/160$ for the skirt!!!
With so much detailing its either extremely cheap or really lousy material.
*sigh* Imagine if the quality is great as well..does any of the asian fashionistas on tFS know of the label ???

Hanne - I'm not Asian, but BtSSB is one of major brands that sell Gothic Lolita clothing and is considered rather expensive.

glad you guys liked the site. ^_^ though I agree with assassina bella about the prices - they don't strike me as cheap...it seems fairly expensive for gothic lolita -but completely fair considering the detailing, etc.

Exactly, I would have thought that clothes with a lot of detailing would cost more..then again..Copenhagen isn't exactly a forrunner with regard to the gothic lolita look, so all I can say is I'm pleasantly surprised! :smile:

oohh im drooling over this trend!
i cant wait to buy some patent leather mary janes...

Just so that everyone knows, the clothing from that label are considered "Sweet Lolita." :flower: From this costuming website.
lolita n. Japanese pop subculture fashion trend with inspirations from Victorian clothing. Elegant gothic refers to darker colors and possibly a longer, more adult look. Sweet or country refers more to lighter colors and a more child-like look. Primarily worn by teens and young adults.
They don't mention them here, but there are also other variations as well, including a more urban, or "industrial" look.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 28 2004, 02:56 PM
Just so that everyone knows, the clothing from that label are considered "Sweet Lolita."  :flower:
[snapback]442235[/snapback]​

it struck me as having a few darker pieces as well which is why I mentioned both styles with the link. :flower:

yes utopia...i noticed that too... :flower:
the darker pieces are actually the ones i'm drawn to most... :heart:

Originally posted by utopia@Nov 28 2004, 03:13 PM
it struck me as having a few darker pieces as well which is why I mentioned both styles with the link. :flower:
[snapback]442289[/snapback]​
I thought to reiterate the definitions more generally.

From Nanette Lepore, who's always had a rather girly, Lolita look to her line.

Attachments

• nanettebrown.jpg
    nanettebrown.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 235
The young Vanessa Paradis. (Yes, I love this picture!)

Attachments

• vanessa.jpg
    vanessa.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 152
A French singer of the 80's, Lio. She was marketed as having a very Lolita image.

Attachments

• girl.jpg
    girl.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 114
  • liopink.jpg
    liopink.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 109
Great pictures. I looove this style, especially the skirts are so lovely !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2000scvnty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->