Los Angeles Street Style

^im moving to LA too (from the ft. lauderdale/ miami area) at the end of august and i must say, fashion-wise, im not really looking forward to it. maybe i should move back to tampa or jacksonville (i move alot :innocent:)

Last edited by a moderator:
^im moving to LA too (from the ft. lauderdale/ miami area) at the end of august and i must say, fashion-wise, im not really looking forward to it. maybe i should move back to tampa or jacksonville (i move alot :innocent:)

That's crazy, you don't say! We'll be moving out there around the same time. :smile:

Yeah, Miami vs. L.A. is a bit different in style, I would say.

What's bringing you to L.A.? Surely it's not the fashion. :wink:

Not everything is awful, from what I've seen. I really love dresses, but the pairing and boho vibe of it all does not appeal to me.

^my fiance is already living out there. i moved back to ft. lauderdale for a short time and now its time for me to move to LA.....hopefully LA wont be so name brand snobby. im so tired of miami style

^ I'm from Cali but I'm in Florida right now :lol: I think LA's style is different from Miama (or Jacksonville, Tampa) but that's just my opinion.

what's - with boots? hate boots with summer clothes!

I think Los Angeles (being the city of major media influence); people tend to conform to peer-pressure and the media... thus originality is gone and clones are rampant

Quite unfortunate because I actually am from Los Angeles (wanting to move to NYC)

"On the Street..... Poolside at The Roosevelt, LA" August 14, 2008 -
- The Sartorialist

"On the Street.....The Stockholm Look via Los Angeles" August 14, 2008 -
- The Sartorialist

I live in Los Angeles, and besides all the tourists, many people have great style. I don't think this thread shows that as well.

^ Maybe you can provide some photos, then. :wink:

Went to the mall on Saturday (small city in Cali), I was pleasantly surprised at how well-dressed some of the girls were :smile:

^ Which city? :unsure:

I was in Westwood recently and I though a lot of the people dressed well. Especially since most of them were students.

Oh crap, this is what L.A. style is about? :( I lived in Chicago for a couple of years - now I'm moving from Florida to L.A. I will not be a follower of that fashion... I will stick to my roots, are at least my Chicago-evolved style... a bit more structured.

It will be interesting to see if these photos are truly reflective of L.A. I wouldn't see why not - there are 8 pages of fairly consistent fashion/styles/trends.

I lived there for some time and back then it wasn't like that at all. But, that was long time ago, things may have changed though...

Well, I have been out here for almost five days now. I have seen quite the mixture of styles... but some really lovely maxi dresses (though I normally am not a fan) and killer jeans. I'm not let down, I shouuld say.

^ My big complaint is all of the Ugg-style boots. I can't stand seeing people where them in 80 degree weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stranger1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->