Louis Vuitton Menswear F/W 2021.22 Paris

one of the first jokes of the 21st century. sure many more to come lol
PS this joke not even funny

A lot of it is quite good actually, specially the tailoring and those long coats. The video presentation was good too.

But then he veers into that wannabe Walter Van Beirendonck territory. It's just so cartoonish without the humor, and completely unnecessary in the collection.

Embarrassing.

giphy.gif

giphy

I love it, well, except for a look or two here and there. The opinion that “Everything about this is vomit” is unjustified, I really would have to question why one would say that.

Browne, van Beirendonck, Viktor & Rolf and Tisci rolled into one.

i also wrote this elsewhere, but truly, the only thing i can think of whenever i see the messes Virgil does is: 'i genuinely can't believe this man has a career'

Only in this era of the lowest of the low standards. HIs brand and what he represents overshadows his mediocrity as designer.

He’s trying too hard (which would have been a decent effort had the designs and styling not been so clumsy and sloppy). The irony of “Tourist vs Purist” may be his cultural-appropriation grandstanding— but comes off so lacking in self-awareness since he’s the" tourist" here ripping off the "purist"; from Walter, Thom, Yohji, Demna to Judy Blame and Ray Petri with the design and styling.

But none of this matters to his 15yo hypebeasts since those monogrammed suits and coats are all that matters to them.

I love it, well, except for a look or two here and there. The opinion that “Everything about this is vomit” is unjustified, I really would have to question why one would say that.
Who say dat?

Well, now we can not hold against him the fact that he is only designing for IG, because this is one of right thing to do if you are a luxury brand.

The video starts VERY well, but then is kinda cringe because it does not look like anything than AD with all the logos and the poor artistic pov it does not go anywhere. Virgil is trying to pass along a message, a important one, but until now i have seen more fails than wins, unfortunately, LV is a big platform. I guess you have to be a artist to do these things, not just a designer.

As far the clothes, I just dont wanna wear any of this, when is not ugly is just too complicated. I think I can understand now the critics to The Row, i could not possible wear a lot of this things to go anywhere, its not practical. I could MAYBE work with this, but without the coat.

But, well, now we can not hold against him the fact that he is only designing for IG, because this is one of the right thing to do if you are a luxury brand in 2021. This are clothes for people that are filthy rich and stay at the house all day, what its OK, you dont wanna send the wrong message (people should not being going anywhere, anyway) but not very relatable.

Ultimately, stay safe in your house if you can you guys, with LV or not.

Yeah the cups, nice touch everyone! Haha so cool. High five anyone? Yeah!

Everything and the kitchen sink...a total mess, I'm not exaggerating when I say I got dizzy trying to figure this out: Undercover, Junya, Walter and I don't even know who else!

The proportions are totally off, does he even know how to put together something flattering or, god forbid, pleasing to the eye?

WOW! Men... in pleated skirts!?!?! I cannot believe Virgil took THAT risk! And wait, is that more logos, riddled across everything from cups to accessories, and even on the clothing? No one could have seen that coming. The Montana shoulders are a perfect metaphor for the strength that he holds as a designer. Fierce and unrelenting. Phenomenal as always, he such a beacon of light in fashions darkest moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->