Louis Vuitton Menswear F/W 2021.22 Paris

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jan 21, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

4. RMDV

RMDV Well-Known Member

what the hell is even going on here???

Reggie63, TaylorBinque, Nomar and 2 others like this.
  5. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

i also wrote this elsewhere, but truly, the only thing i can think of whenever i see the messes Virgil does is: 'i genuinely can't believe this man has a career'

6. Olaffo

Olaffo Active Member

EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE, AT ALL TIMES AND WITH ALL OTHER DESIGNERS SINCE THE DAWN OF THE TIMES
    B.U.R.N I.T A.N.D R.U.N

7. SophiaVB

SophiaVB Well-Known Member

This is... insane.

jeanclaude likes this.
  8. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

one of the first jokes of the 21st century. sure many more to come lol
    PS this joke not even funny

9. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

This it what coronavirus would wear.

10. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

A lot of it is quite good actually, specially the tailoring and those long coats. The video presentation was good too.

But then he veers into that wannabe Walter Van Beirendonck territory. It's just so cartoonish without the humor, and completely unnecessary in the collection.

11. aracic

aracic Moderator

Embarrassing.

[​IMG]
    giphy

12. Miran

Miran Active Member

This is some video game custom characters

13. upNorth

upNorth New Member

I love it, well, except for a look or two here and there. The opinion that “Everything about this is vomit” is unjustified, I really would have to question why one would say that.

14. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

Browne, van Beirendonck, Viktor & Rolf and Tisci rolled into one.

jeanclaude likes this.
  15. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Only in this era of the lowest of the low standards. HIs brand and what he represents overshadows his mediocrity as designer.

He’s trying too hard (which would have been a decent effort had the designs and styling not been so clumsy and sloppy). The irony of “Tourist vs Purist” may be his cultural-appropriation grandstanding— but comes off so lacking in self-awareness since he’s the" tourist" here ripping off the "purist"; from Walter, Thom, Yohji, Demna to Judy Blame and Ray Petri with the design and styling.

But none of this matters to his 15yo hypebeasts since those monogrammed suits and coats are all that matters to them.

16. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Who say dat?

17. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Well, now we can not hold against him the fact that he is only designing for IG, because this is one of right thing to do if you are a luxury brand.

The video starts VERY well, but then is kinda cringe because it does not look like anything than AD with all the logos and the poor artistic pov it does not go anywhere. Virgil is trying to pass along a message, a important one, but until now i have seen more fails than wins, unfortunately, LV is a big platform. I guess you have to be a artist to do these things, not just a designer.

As far the clothes, I just dont wanna wear any of this, when is not ugly is just too complicated. I think I can understand now the critics to The Row, i could not possible wear a lot of this things to go anywhere, its not practical. I could MAYBE work with this, but without the coat.

But, well, now we can not hold against him the fact that he is only designing for IG, because this is one of the right thing to do if you are a luxury brand in 2021. This are clothes for people that are filthy rich and stay at the house all day, what its OK, you dont wanna send the wrong message (people should not being going anywhere, anyway) but not very relatable.

Ultimately, stay safe in your house if you can you guys, with LV or not.

18. nejtak

nejtak Member

Yeah the cups, nice touch everyone! Haha so cool. High five anyone? Yeah!

19. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

Everything and the kitchen sink...a total mess, I'm not exaggerating when I say I got dizzy trying to figure this out: Undercover, Junya, Walter and I don't even know who else!

The proportions are totally off, does he even know how to put together something flattering or, god forbid, pleasing to the eye?

Reggie63 and jeanclaude like this.
  20. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

WOW! Men... in pleated skirts!?!?! I cannot believe Virgil took THAT risk! And wait, is that more logos, riddled across everything from cups to accessories, and even on the clothing? No one could have seen that coming. The Montana shoulders are a perfect metaphor for the strength that he holds as a designer. Fierce and unrelenting. Phenomenal as always, he such a beacon of light in fashions darkest moment.