Louis Vuitton Prices

i'm not complaining. i could buy the bag if i wanted to but it's just so extremely little value for money and to me it would be a lack of common sense to give that much for so little. they've got the product - i know - but i can live without it. that's their problem, not mine.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 1 2004, 03:37 PM
OMG, this is the biggest bullsh*t ever, this whole "we are losing money because instead of buying a $900 bag,a $900 bag, why would you buy a fake one. People who buy fake bags people buy a $20 one." Think about it!!! If you can afford could not even dream of buying a real one. LV lost no money from fakes, I don't beleive it for a second.
[snapback]382364[/snapback]​

Excuse me? I said I just HEARD it not confirming it whatsoever. And what make you think just because you can buy a LV bag that your rich? People can get whatever they want nowadays simply by flashing some plastic around. And for that one $900 bag that a customer would buy, think of how many fakes there are in your community. I mean its a rare occurance to even see a real bag even at the Louis Vuitton boutique near where I live. Gosh damn

Originally posted by faust@Oct 1 2004, 03:37 PM
People who buy fake bags could not even dream of buying a real one.
[snapback]382364[/snapback]​

Actually, you could be wrong there. As discussed in many threads about fake designer bags etc. There are people out there who can easily afford to buy a real LV bag...but simply to get a replica because they want it just for the current look.

I think its quite smart in my opinion :flower:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Oct 1 2004, 11:46 PM
Actually, you could be wrong there. As discussed in many threads about fake designer bags etc. There are people out there who can easily afford to buy a real LV bag...but simply to get a replica because they want it just for the current look.

I think its quite smart in my opinion :flower:
[snapback]382745[/snapback]​

Agreed: I can afford $900 for a bag, but would I spend $900 on a canvas bag with leather trim? No way. A waste of money IMHO.

As for LV losing money from fakes - have you seen their latest results? Double digit growth. Increased profits. No mention of fakes in that report.

LVMH 1st half 2004 results

They put the prices up because they know their customers can afford it. As a public company they need to have growth every year in order to keep the shareholders happy and that has to come from somewhere.

If you think they are too expensive, why not vote with your feet? No one is forcing you to buy Vuitton.

Originally posted by Toxxxic@Oct 1 2004, 03:17 PM
I heard the price raised is to cover up all the money they lost to conterfiters and people who buy fake bags. And if thats the case then wouldn't they lower the price so that people can actually afford the bags? I mean if they just lower their prices a little so that people who want them can afford one without resorting to fake so that both end can be happy. $55 extra may not be much but that could buy you sushi, a cocktail, and a cab ride home afterward. But bleh I won't buy from Louis Vuitton anytime soon simply because they're money hungry. The burn the bags they can't sell instead of putting it on sale or donating it to a women's shelter and their prices keep going up. Boo to LV.
[snapback]382267[/snapback]​

While I think that LV has no business raising their prices every 2 months as they do, I would never expect them to lower their prices. The whole premise of luxury is status and exclusivity. If Vuitton donated bags to women's shelters, their cachet would plummet. Plus, why would women in a shelter need a fancy LV bag? Donating food and money is one thing, but I think homeless/battered women have bigger concerns than getting their hands on last season's Theda bag.

Same goes for your suggestion of putting things on sale. If Vuitton has 60% off sales on their bags, would you still want them as badly? Probably not. I'm sure Vuitton's execs are very well-versed in economics and they know how to make items desireable in the luxury market. Your suggestions are a little immature and not too well thought-out.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 2 2004, 01:56 PM
While I think that LV has no business raising their prices every 2 months as they do, I would never expect them to lower their prices. The whole premise of luxury is status and exclusivity. If Vuitton donated bags to women's shelters, their cachet would plummet. Plus, why would women in a shelter need a fancy LV bag? Donating food and money is one thing, but I think homeless/battered women have bigger concerns than getting their hands on last season's Theda bag.

Same goes for your suggestion of putting things on sale. If Vuitton has 60% off sales on their bags, would you still want them as badly? Probably not. I'm sure Vuitton's execs are very well-versed in economics and they know how to make items desireable in the luxury market. Your suggestions are a little immature and not too well thought-out.
[snapback]383102[/snapback]​

I'd have to agree Louis Vuitton make luxury items made for people who can afford to buy them and will always have loyal customers no matter how much prices go up and how many replicas there are etc.

They know that if someone wants an authentic Vuitton enough they will pay full whack for it and thus allowing them to raise there prices to whatever they want.

Originally posted by AlexN@Oct 1 2004, 02:44 PM
If they're losing money, they've done it to themselves. Greedy, stupid company. I have no pity for them or their customers.
[snapback]382304[/snapback]​

They're not losing money though are they? They're making more money than they ever have done in their history.

LVMH made 996 million euros the first half of this year to be exact. :shock:

and theres plenty out there buying their bags otherwise this wouldn't be the case.

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 2 2004, 12:56 PM

[snapback]383102[/snapback]​

And the whole status of the bag thing is utter bullsh*t. Gucci and Chanel bags I see on sale frequently and I know because I buy them as present all the time yet still people still want these brands badly.

Yes battered women have bigger concern in their life than just one handbag but wouldn't it be nice to see them have something wonderful in their life for a change (The ones I am talking about do not have kids). I would know, I volunteer at a battered shelter for women and it make me happy to give them a gift of luxury, it does mean a whole lot to them. I have had first hand experience, have you?

They're just suggestion, I didn't force anyone to do anything just an idea that I came up with :rolleyes:. And "sorry" if I'm not mature. I'm only 15, nothing I can do about it :innocent:. :rolleyes:

im 15 years old and a male too. i have to ask, where do you get the money to buy these luxury bags as presents "all the time" ?

Originally posted by Mettchen@Oct 1 2004, 03:09 PM
also this seasons bags are ridicoulously priced. i saw this bag when i was in paris last weekend and it retailed for 3600 Euro :shock: And it was so much smaller than i had expected. I think it's absolutely crazy!

00100f.jpg

[snapback]382336[/snapback]​

I guess its so expensive because of the crocodile trim, exotic skins are very expensive - maybe they have a version in monogram that is more affordable - i think the bag is lovely

Originally posted by passione@Oct 2 2004, 05:33 PM
im 15 years old and a male too. i have to ask, where do you get the money to buy these luxury bags as presents "all the time" ?
[snapback]383300[/snapback]​

I work my *** off at my dad office during weekends, and afterschool. And "all the time" means birthday and holidays. Don't think I'm just another brat hooching off my daddy bank account, I just work hard and save.

Originally posted by Toxxxic@Oct 1 2004, 09:51 PM
Excuse me? I said I just HEARD it not confirming it whatsoever. And what make you think just because you can buy a LV bag that your rich? People can get whatever they want nowadays simply by flashing some plastic around. And for that one $900 bag that a customer would buy, think of how many fakes there are in your community. I mean its a rare occurance to even see a real bag even at the Louis Vuitton boutique near where I live. Gosh damn
[snapback]382703[/snapback]​

This wasn't aimed at you :flower: . What I said is that a person who buys a fake would never afford a real one, so I don't see how LV can claim that they are losing money from fakes.

thats why i bought my lv papilon ($720...was in teh 500s last year).. & the lV marshmellow pink vernis wallet ($515).. i was on the waiitnglist for the wallet..& they called me yesterday.. im stil on the list for the organizer ($260).. so hopefullt that'll come a little later than expected soo that ill have enough cash in my hands.. my mom cannot know about the organizer or else she'll go nuts on me.. but i dont get it, she had her celine, gucci, chanel when she was 18!!!!

i've never really been an 'LV customer' in the sense that i shop there frequently or that im really a fan....i've purchased some LV luggage awhile, and even though i'm willing to shell out for say...a purple velvet gucci flap bag...but i just can't bring myself to spend 900 on something when i saw it for 800 a few weeks ago. although i guess in a sense i can see why theyre raising their prices...it also seems like more and more people have LV stuff now (excluding fakes) so perhaps theyre just trying to maintain that aspect of exclusivity, but for me personally, i cant bring myself to throw money down the drain for the sake of keeping up with them.

Originally posted by fashionaddict1@Oct 2 2004, 06:56 PM
I guess its so expensive because of the crocodile trim, exotic skins are very expensive - maybe they have a version in monogram that is more affordable - i think the bag is lovely
[snapback]383337[/snapback]​
But apart from the crocodile trim and golden hardware - could you justify this purchase to yourself? My conscience would feel really bad.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 3 2004, 05:53 PM
This wasn't aimed at you  :flower: .  What I said is that a person who buys a fake would never afford a real one, so I don't see how LV can claim that they are losing money from fakes.
[snapback]384374[/snapback]​

i disagree with you ... i personally know women who sat on the waitlist for one of the bags of the season (be it a graffiti, murakami, a theda, etc.) and then get fakes of every other style and color they can find. i've been to the kiosk when these women shell out eight and nine hundred bucks to take away bags for themselves and their daughters. i don't think it effects their core business, but it definitely makes an impact.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 5 2004, 11:00 AM
i disagree with you ... i personally know women who sat on the waitlist for one of the bags of the season (be it a graffiti, murakami, a theda, etc.) and then get fakes of every other style and color they can find. i've been to the kiosk when these women shell out eight and nine hundred bucks to take away bags for themselves and their daughters. i don't think it effects their core business, but it definitely makes an impact.
[snapback]386181[/snapback]​

But could those same women afford multimple real LV bags? Did they the fakes because they could not afford the real, or did they decide that the fakes looks just as good and there was no sense in buying the real? I'm just trying to see another string of logic other than the one I expressed.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 5 2004, 11:05 AM
But could those same women afford multimple real LV bags? Did they the fakes because they could not afford the real, or did they decide that the fakes looks just as good and there was no sense in buying the real? I'm just trying to see another string of logic other than the one I expressed.
[snapback]386187[/snapback]​

1) so they won't have to wait.
2) bc it's sold out.

my cousin has been buying bags since she was 17,she is 33 and has room full of vuitton bags,she now refuses to buy real,as fakes in london are so good,i do buy,but would not buy the new winter range,2000 pound for a bag is crazy,and some cost even more,id rather have a classic chanel for less :flower:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 5 2004, 12:07 PM
1) so they won't have to wait.
2) bc it's sold out.
[snapback]386276[/snapback]​

while 1) might make LV more money, I don't see how 2) does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->