Louis Vuitton S/S 09 Paris

pilati and jacobs should switch places. i agree with all the others that said this is more ysl than lv. i find pilati's aesthetic suit lv more than ysl and this collection is just too ysl.
im pleasantly surprised. exciting collection indeed

no let MJ do Vuitton and YSL lol , let pilati start his own line lol, MJ rules!

a very heavy collection, the colors are so out of place, it looks rather kitch...indeed very much YSL, but far from the sophisticated cuts of YSL. Laurent had much simpler cuts, but yet they looked amazing, this collection for LV looks like a desperate try to be something close to YSL or even Lacroix...I do not like this collection!!! Not at all! It looks rather a winter collection that a spring one!

maybe there should be a close up pic just for marc's shoes (which i find the craziest of all show) :innocent:#150:innocent:

this collection reminds me so much of two things... not africa, not ysl, or whatever...
it reminds me of these dior...

00330f.jpg
00440f.jpg
00450f.jpg

and this prada robot too :P
2ar240d.jpg

style and dellamoda.com

EDIT: sorry for the large size)

Thanks for the Hqs, Borjacapella i dont see Dior at all in this collection.

^^^ I dont see Dior either...., YSL simple cuts ??? Go to the archives at Berges foundation , there is nothing simple cut in YSL;s collection all were rich in detailing . YSL pilati is simple and minimalistic , but problem with that it takes on a very banal and androgynous tone. YSL's collections always had a strong current of sex , romance ,a strong yet feminine woman , both of which are absent at YSL pilati now a days.

after seeing the runway video, i have to say i quite like it. i did not at first, but it's pretty elegant, chic and exciting. it's a girl from paris on a decadent safari.

I didn't like it at first...but now it's sitting well with me! I can get to love it!

Thanks for the Hqs, Borjacapella i dont see Dior at all in this collection.
maybe i made it sound like i thought the collections looked alike... but that's not really what i wanted to say...
it was a weird feeling... just at first sight of the vuitton collection i immediatly thought of the dior... dont really know why. i think maybe it's a way of presenting collections we dont really see anymore.
maybe in nowadays context (it was 2004 after all... long time ago for fashion) they are both "radical" in a way?... maybe it's just that the LV has some galliano appeal... but it's not quite that...
i know it doesnt make sense, and i can't really explain why it does to me, yet i think they have something in common (other than the random leopard print :P)... i just don't know what it is, and i figured maybe someone else saw a vague connection and would say what they think it is...:wacko:

( i realize that was a random post... both this and the one with the pics :lol:... sorry i guess :blush:)

:neutral:

Last edited by a moderator:
At first I thought "OMG! So many details! NO!!! Too much!"...
And now I don't so sure any more... maybe after cold winter we'll be very happy to see all these colours and bagatelles :P:D

:heart: :heart: I have fallen in love with this whole collection, from the bags, shoes and clothes to the music.

^Me too! I quite liked it in the beginning, but after watching the video few times I have completely fallen for it :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->