Louis Vuitton S/S 2015 Paris

What a wonderfully straight forward show, so many pieces shown that i covet!

speaking of cheap and vulgar, this is how it's done the right way! love it.:heart:

The Saint Laurent comparisons are innevitable, and Ghesquiére blew Slimane out of the water. Both wearable and cool collections, but Louis Vuitton's actually looks modern and innovative. Best of the season for me. :heart:

there's some great pieces here and there but overall i'm not really impressed, mainly cause i'd expect more from nicolas.
at least it manages to look both retro and modern at the same time, which is nice to see. some of the dresses look great, the details are exquisite.
there are, however, some real monstruosities, straight out of many 90s fashion nightmares, like this look

VzryNo2.jpg

and the awful denim boots / booties:

1qcbvfL.jpg
mq6BUOZ.jpg

style.com

let's not make it a thing please.

Lots of sellable pieces definitely. Game changing? No. This is heading straight to Zara in 3,2,1 go because they're mostly so accessible. The leather strip dresses do look like eel skin, a little similar to Proenza Schouler a few seasons ago. No biggie. Nobody has ownership on leather.

As with St Laurent, I agree this will definite bring out some comparison since the mood feels very young. For one, it's much much much better designed than St Laurent by a whopping distance. But I still feel it's not amazing enough to make LV RTW suddenly super cool. Did Ghesquire manage to make LV cool? Accessible yes, but cool, maybe not. In fact, many of these young starlets or socialite who could probably afford these, would probably gravitate to Saint Laurent because it's more rock & roll. It's not greatly designed, but it's definitely much cooler thanks to the rock & roll branding theyve succesfully partake. Even if youre not rock & roll but you consider yourself a girl who loves fashion, you'd probably have another brand you prefer this over - Miu Miu, or Givenchy or Chloe even.

So great clothes yeah, but Nic G needs to make these cool. I dont think its there yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Derivative as hell. I was expecting a more avant-garde approach to Louis Vuitton (sort of a Balenciaga 2.0); but this is way too retro.
Anyway I am sure a lot of designers are studying right now each look, this is gonna be copied for several seasons on. They are obsessed with copying Ghesquière.

I thought it was going great until it got to those velvet looks. I don't understand what people see in that god awful fabric.

I was going to say this looks like another awful Marc Jacobs collection and then remembered he's left.....:shock:

That velvet bikini and ugly denim from post #25 feels like a throwback for me. Reminding me of something that Christina Aguilera would wear during her Dirrty era or Victoria Beckham during her Spice Girls days, the one with those questionable wardrobes. Seriously those are ugly!

some pretty great things … some not so much. for me, it's hit and miss. i do really like the softer pieces, with frills and mesh

Ghesquière is a favorite of mine but I have to admit that I am not sold on this collection. His debut felt like a breath of fresh air, the Resort collection felt like a cool update but this is a step back towards Fall and a repetition of many of those silhouettes (down to the boots). There are intricate details and fabric play that are great, but I wasn't blown away like I had hoped to be.

I also agree that the accessories here played the main role, whereas last season there was a balance between them and the clothes.

I see no different from F/W 2014 the dresses and styling are likely the same but the set and bag was awesome

I love everything about this collection, especially the bags. Flawless delivery on the runway.

i have to agree with people who dont recognize him in this collection. i do also agree with comparisons with Saint-Laurent. of course. this is the real fight (forget raf simons vs hedi slimane. the game is btw slimane and ghesquiere. the 2 French Princes of Fashion). and i can even spot some YSL inspired looks.

i must say that i feel like it could any other designer. i even felt like Nicolas might not be a good choice for Vuitton, actually. but he needs time to land in (? good choice of verb?).
i remember his first seasons at Balenciaga were a continuous theme, and silhouettes. he kept a line and follow it for some time. so i wasn't this surprised to see a bridge with the previous collection, here.

but after i watch the video (this is the second or third time this season i watch the video to make my mind). the texture, the movement look very controlled, and i love it.
i think i love the collection.

some bags are boring, some are Chanel-ish, but some are gonna sell like baguettes. i love this bag; i think this one is gonna work, too - and i love the outfit. it is classic form of lv bowling bag, with the 70s kitsch print. i'm sad he has to make so many bags. some girls don't need them. and i dont recall seeing a lot of bags at his time in Balenciaga. btw, who does the bag ? is there someone who is helping create something ?

i wonder if he would work on creating new silhouettes (he is one of the last ones in the idustry to be able to create slightly new forms, silhouettes of outfits - he has his trademarks looks) for Louis Vuitton. i see some attempts in here.

and i wish he could send some luggages down the walk. some malles, for instance.

i dont know if the bravo and applauses were added at the end of the video. but i heard some good old bravos !

oh and i absolutely love the earrings. non ? i want to see details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved all of the shoes--even the denim boots. It was a nice collection overall. The shapes were pretty similar to the fall collection's, but I like that he's experimenting with fabrics and textures. It's a slow evolution, which I can appreciate.

Love the dresses, they are very wearable and will sell for sure. However, I do agree with everyone. It's very similar to Fall 2014, he played it very safe. He has the respect and even more so, talent to do something edgier without taking away from the brand's heritage. He needs to stop playing it safe. And I still think he's weak when it comes to accessories. The new logo he's putting on the bags are ugly. I only liked the red leather boots.

That velvet bikini and ugly denim from post #25 feels like a throwback for me. Reminding me of something that Christina Aguilera would wear during her Dirrty era or Victoria Beckham during her Spice Girls days, the one with those questionable wardrobe.

Yes :heart::heart::heart:

Just two days ago I went to several Vuitton stores to see his designs, and after that I was so mesmerized that I had high expectations for this show.

His fall collection has luxurious purity to it, meaning something simple yet well though-out and new. This doesn't. This feels messy and I hate the overflow of different textures, colors and style proposals in one. I've seen similar stuff done elsewhere for several seasons now.

Also, I think he didn't caught that stylish youthful edge here that his first LV collection had. I don't think many fashionable girls from his Balenciaga era would wear this, even though they are very much after his current fall collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->