DSC05177.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC05180.jpg
    DSC05180.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC05189.jpg
    DSC05189.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
This looks really good! Much better than S/S 08. And the shoes are amazing.

the shoes a nice, but i'm really just not feeling it :-\

I love it so far! This collection really stands out!

According to Vogue.fr, this collection is a tribute to YSL, Opium era...
Ends with an Edith Piaf song.

like his own collection ?
and edith piaf ? zzzzz

it's not looking bad. perhaps because i got used to his mj ss09 collection.
but why is he doing this ?
LV and MJ are two different world .... or maybe it's just a new Ralph Lauren/Karl Lagerfeld ... The Empire counts before anything else ....

So far I really like it, reminds me of Marc's own line, which is really good this season! ^_^ And OMG, Edith Piaf! :wub:

According to Vogue.fr, this collection is a tribute to YSL, Opium era...
Ends with an Edith Piaf song.

Really? That makes sense then of the bamboo backdrop and YSL pagoda shoulders. Can't wait to see the whole collection.
Vuitton is more YSL than YSL . :huh:

like his own collection ?
and edith piaf ? zzzzz

it's not looking bad. perhaps because i got used to his mj ss09 collection.
but why is he doing this ?
LV and MJ are two different world .... or maybe it's just a new Ralph Lauren/Karl Lagerfeld ... The Empire counts before anything else ....

Yeah, I find it quite strange of him to show this collection under the Louis Vuitton brand, which is already a classic luxury brand. I think that if he wanted to do a tribute to YSL, he should've done it under his own brand...

Vuitton is more YSL than YSL . :huh:
That is so true. :lol:

I think its a fantastic diverse sexy collection, from transperant tops, suits, shirt dresses, blazer's to those great wide leged pants and little jackets, not to mention accessories (those shoes!), there is one thing i am not feeling and its a bit ironic but the bags look AWFUL!:ninja:

It's better than the past few LV collections but perhaps it's the YSL style sexy decadence that added the punch...I actually like some of it, and he finally puts some effort into the jacket construction, the sharper shaped shoulders, etc., something new for LV and not the same archival stuff remixed. The accessories are nice too, the belts, etc.

I think it's a strong collection. I like the bad girl modern spaceage boho luxury with a dash of afro punk look.

When you look at a collection like Hermes you can definately see Gaultiers' influence but he never overpowers the house's signature chic and well defined collections. Jacobs manages to not only overpower Vuitton but also give it a heavy handed look of his own which in my opinion does a disservice to the clients. As a designer Jacobs lives in his own world of knocking out knock offs.

i LOVE the hair, make-up, jewelry, shoes, bags, coats.....EVERYTHING!! fantastic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benrobertson
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->