Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 or 30??

I say buy both sizes if possible-- the 25 and the 30, hehe. I've got the Speedy 25 but it really is starting to look a bit 'small' in comparison to all the larger bags people are toting these days and I'm a shorty...so I'm going to buy a Speedy 30 in the near future...both are good, actually. IMO it's how you carry yourself (and your bag!) in the end and LV and Chanel as someone previously mentioned are truly 'classics' =)

30 to me is deffinetly the better of the two sizes.25 to me is so small and looks silly, but i do admit i could have problems filling my 30.In reference to the monogram being over done i admit it is cause there are so many fakes out there i pretty much think everyones is, which i guess is a bummer for the people who really spent a lot of money to buy a real one.I just bought the perforated orange one just in that case. The orange perfo is nice cause its different and even the people who do get it will most likely get pink ( the SA at the Lv store said pink is selling out,ugh).And the orange blends well with the leather. But I also am looking into getting the speedy epi in black so chic and goes with everything, love it! Question though, how do i keep my 30 from slouching?

I just bought the damier speedy 30 and I think it's a great size ( I carry a lot of junk) even though I'm 5'2". I have the cerise speedy and although I love it to death, I found it a little small so that why I opted for the 30.

Attachments

• DSC_0288.JPG
    DSC_0288.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0296.JPG
    DSC_0296.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 21
Thanks PrincessImp!:flower:

Just wondering ... does everyone like it when the speedy sags or do you put something on the bottom to maintain its shape?

I don't mind the sag.
But I put a piece of cardboard in the bottom if my speedy is kind of empty - I don't want it to look too "flat".

i remember when i was in junior high it seemed like everyone had a monogrammed speedy and all i ever wanted in life was one... now, numerous bags collected later, still no speedy... and i'm remembering with fondness my old attachment... maybe i'll take the plunge this summer - seeing everyone with all their lovely bags just makes me fall more and more in love..:heart:

asl, your speedy is nice. i like the damier collection more than the monogram. makes me want to get one now ..

For 4 years, I always wanted the Speedy 30` but over the years....i noticed that all of my bags were big... so I opted for the Speedy 35` instead.....I like the 35` now that I have it...

asl_bebes said:
Thanks PrincessImp!:flower:

Just wondering ... does everyone like it when the speedy sags or do you put something on the bottom to maintain its shape?

i was on the waiting list fo the damier 30 and was excited but just haven't got around but now that i see how it looks i will go get it this weekend...
and oh yeah... i lug a ton of things in my speed so it doesn't
sag much...but i don't mind the sag...the slight slouchyness
gives it pesonality

I'm going to get the 35 though I'm 5'1 :innocent: I don't think I'll have a problem filling it, but it's going to be heavy... :ninja:

I am 5'6" and I have the Damier Speedy 25. It is the perfect size for me. It fits all of my stuff with room to spare. The 30 just seem too big.

if i don't want the handles to turn as fast, is there anything i can do?

should i put a protector on the handles, or will that darken them right away? i want to protect them, but i DON'T want them to turn dark. i know they will eventually, but i don't want to speed up the process.

that doesn't make much sense to what i asked, but okay.

does anyone ELSE know of any particular protectant i can put on the handles that won't turn them dark right away? i'm eager to spray them to use the bag, but i don't want to risk discoloring the handles in any way.

thesiren said:
that doesn't make much sense to what i asked, but okay.

does anyone ELSE know of any particular protectant i can put on the handles that won't turn them dark right away? i'm eager to spray them to use the bag, but i don't want to risk discoloring the handles in any way.
I would suggest "Shining Monkey" I've heard rave reviews about this stuff. Also it DOESN'T discolor the vachetta leather . :smile:

*Please see tFS guidelines*

http://www.shiningmonkey.net/fabricprotect.php

Last edited by a moderator:
ambidextrous said:
I'm going to get the 35 though I'm 5'1 :innocent: I don't think I'll have a problem filling it, but it's going to be heavy... :ninja:

I'm 5"2 and it's great!

it is indeed nice. and after trying to fit stuff into the 35 I guess you can't put anything A4 into a 30. it does look big on me, but then again I'm used to big bags:ninja:

as to sagging: I've cut some cardboard the very day I had the chance to... now it doesn't even sag with heavy books in it

Last edited by a moderator:
asl_bebes said:
I just bought the damier speedy 30 and I think it's a great size ( I carry a lot of junk) even though I'm 5'2". I have the cerise speedy and although I love it to death, I found it a little small so that why I opted for the 30.

ohh, that looks so pretty! makes me want one, too! :P

I never thought I liked the LV monogram until I saw a very chic friend of mine carrying a Speedy 25 that was really broken in. The handles were dark and it was very slouchy - such a great bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->