Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 or 30??

StarBrite310 said:
I just got my Speedy 30 yesterday at Saks! I had been saving up for it and so far I am loving it. I was torn between getting the 30 and the 25 but I am 5'7' so the 25 seemed very small on me. The 30 is perfect! The only thing I am concerned about is that I had the lady get me a brand new fresh one and if you have seen how Louis Vuitton ships their bags, they completely fold them up. Anyway my bag has creases from the folds. The lady said the more I use the bag the creases will dissapear. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a couple other LV's and I don't remember seeing creases. But besides that, I am very very happy!!! :lol:

My both speedy has creases from the folds too, but thats not a big problem. When u use it often, it will dissapear. Enjoy your bag!

ika, congrats on both speedys!!

Hmm I've been thinking about getting one for ages, but its the logos that put me off it..Im worried Im going to get sick of it. But seeing the classic speedy on other people makes me think how good it looks.

The speedy is classic. It only looks tacky on a person wearing tacky clothes. I'd say go for the 25 if you're petite, 30 if you're normal height.

I'd say go for the 30 matter what your size. I'm 5 feet tall, and I grew out of my 25 very quickly (seems like a doll's purse on me now) and regret not having gone for the 30 to this day...

vintage, I have the speedy 30 in the classic brown monogram and I gonna agree, it's a great size.
Despite all the bad rep that the LV brown mongram has, this is one piece that I have never regretted owning!! I bring it out while on travel or on my "tai-tai" days..most SAs in Singapore sadly still only recognise LV and I do get better treatment when I am out with it :wink:

hi...
Speedy is very classic...it can looks very very tacky when u wear a wrong clothes!:ninja: At the beginning, I wasnt so sure how to match this bag, but after a while, it looooksss goood!!:heart:
Here i attached a picture of me carrying both size. Ist pic is speedy 30, and second the 25.
I also tought the same too that i might get bored easily of this bag, but i can sale it when I dont like it anymore. But I also can keep it forever(till im old, hehe) coz speedy bag will never get tired.
I hope it helps u guys out there to choose.

Attachments

• PICT3229.jpg
    PICT3229.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 87
  • PICT3230.jpg
    PICT3230.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 86
PrincessImp. said:
vintage, I have the speedy 30 in the classic brown monogram and I gonna agree, it's a great size.
Despite all the bad rep that the LV brown mongram has, this is one piece that I have never regretted owning!! I bring it out while on travel or on my "tai-tai" days..most SAs in Singapore sadly still only recognise LV and I do get better treatment when I am out with it :wink:

Hi Princessimp...are u fr Singapore? Im coming down there in a month, and do u mind if I ask u how much is the speedy 30 in singapore? Is the price same like in Europe?

Princess & ika, thanks for the fab advice and pictures! You ladies are really talking me into getting one! :lol: :P
Thanks for the two pictures, I prefer the 30 size a bit more even though I am tiny myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
vintage_princess said:
Princess & ika, thanks for the fab advice and pictures! You ladies are really talking me into getting one! :lol: :P
Thanks for the two pictures, I prefer the 30 size a bit more even though I am tiny myself.

Vintage Princess.....u should get one.:D
I love my speedy 30, and now I need to sale my speedy25:blush: , cant have them both, too expensive!

I have a 25, but I love the 30!! I am worried that, being only 5 ft and petite, the 30 would be too big for my small frame, but I would like to try it to see :heart:

ika2006 said:
Hi Princessimp...are u fr Singapore? Im coming down there in a month, and do u mind if I ask u how much is the speedy 30 in singapore? Is the price same like in Europe?

Eeps, sorry I didn't see this post till now!
I got my speedy 30 two years ago in Singapore(yes I am from there!) and I remembered paying SGD$800plus...make it SGD$900 for it then.
I am not sure if the price is still the same, it flunctuates according to how the Euro is doing, but you can be sure that the price can only go up and not down :rolleyes:

vintage_princess said:

Get the 30!
At first I was worried that it was too big but the more I carried it, the more I loved this size, I think the 25 would be too teeny, smaller than the size of a Balenciaga classique (I find that size a little small for me now).
My sister carried my speedy30 before, she's slightly taller than 5ft (1.52m) and I think it looked great on her.

as you gals know, im a hugemongous fan of the 30!!! but i have to tell you, it does depend on the person. i saw the cutest little old lady, so remeniscant of audrey hepburn with the short hair (except it was pepper grey) in my work tonite with the cutest lil oufit on. she had to have been under 5' and super petite and slender. she had kitten heels on, a black cardigan with rhinestone buttons and a knee length denim skirt, and her speedy by her side. i've seen her before and she just epitimizes chic-ness with the speedy, i wish i could have taken a pic for you gals.

so it really depends on the person, as i would never trade my 30 in for any other size :wink:

i have the speedy 25 in the monogram it's cute-classic
what i really want is the damier speedy i'm on the waiting list
i want the damier in a 30 though just for variety...can't wait!!
and oh a little tip for anyone
PURCHASING A LV BAG FROM THE BOUTIQUE(OF COURSE)
since LV bags are made in four different cities/countries when making
a purchase always look for a made in France
if it's made some where else its still authentic as long as it's purchase
through the boutique or eluxury
but doesn't "made in France" sound better than "made in USA"
That's what i thought...

hahahah! yes! join the club! there's a group of us LV gals who only have made in france ones (and as far as resale value, a "made in france" LV sells for generally more than a "made in USA" one on ebay) hahahha. i refuse to buy anything but french LV, except for a wallet i found at a second hand shp for $3, that's vintage 1970's LV and made in the usa (i made an exception for that one ^_^)

yea...i was offered a made in USA but i refuse to buy anything not made in France

I totally agree about the 30. It's the perfect size, and I'm not tall at all. I'm only 5'2".

My boyfriend and I went into the boutique to check it the bags out last weekend and he bought me the LV 35. It's huge and I love it!

For the record- I'm about 5"2 and the bag looks GREAT.

I'm going to have to alternate between this and my choc Chloe Paddington for the moment because the Speedy I think is too big for everyday use (cant fill it).

This weekend im using it as the overnight bag, but I think i'll get use out of transporting work docs in it.

ok whatever....^^ that bag is huge for everyday use. i have that size
also but i use it for whatever reason but not as a bag! lol..... doesn't it seem
tacky to carry it like a purse? it just sceams " look at me i got an lv"
ok... so we know what you're using it for this weekend...we'd also like to
khow what about next weekend?...geez...korny

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->