Louis Vuitton Spring 04

Discussion in 'Handbags' started by brian, Jan 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

I guess that's why no one posted there age, embarassed?? To be chatting??

2. luvbrands

luvbrands New Member

ashley, i think what prada means is that she's just surprise to read that you seem to want to buy a $22,000 bag since you're a teenager. No offense on the age :wink:
    Eventhough you didn't order the bag.

3. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

1st, i never said i wanted it or that i ordered it.
    I said how much it was, and how i thought it was cute.
    But yes i am 18, and i love handbags and shoes.
    If i choose to spend my money on something that is pricey, i think thats okay.
    I mean i am young and have nothing else to spend it on.
    I think it's fun.
    I have all different kinds of styles.
    it doesnt matter if i like a coach bag, or steve madden shoes, or a 22,000 bag by louis vuitton!
    Price doesn't matter when you really love or want something.
    I just dont like when people have to comment on everything that i say.

4. pradaromance

pradaromance New Member

ashley,

I am extremely sorry if i offended you, i in no way intended to offend you, it my fault since i read your post wrong, and again i am extremely sorry! :unsure:

5. pradaromance

pradaromance New Member

I ordered a pink handbag with LV all around it, it's more like a purse. It has long straps that stand straight up. It's not leather though. It's cute.

And I ordered the white multicolore in a different style, but I think I will give it to my sister cause I already have the black.

They had a multicolore that kind looked like the alma,but with wood by the straps.
    It was cute. [/b][/quote]
    i really want to see the new styles of the multicolor LV...i still love it :blush:, do they have any pics i could see anywhere, thanks

6. LaLa45

LaLa45 New Member

I think they r very cute. Although I agree, I can't wait to see the knock offs. I don't know who would have the guts to wear them tho. :yuk:

7. brian

brian New Member

i kinda assumed you were a teen :wink: (from the Steve Madden bag & the Coach bag you posted somewhere else on your wishlist) so when i saw "i just ordered a 22,000 dollar bag i was kinda...SHOCKED! :P :lol: [/b][/quote]
    AS AM I!!

Definitely! :shock:

8. brian

brian New Member

That's true: price really doesn't matter when you really love or want something, HOWEVER! Isn't a $20,000+ handbag a bit on the excessive side for someone so young? Sure, you "don't have anything else to spend your money on," but exactly how is someone so young making that much money to spend anyway? :shock: :shock: :blink:

9. Plumour

Plumour New Member

1st, i never said i wanted it or that i ordered it.
    I said how much it was, and how i thought it was cute.
    But yes i am 18, and i love handbags and shoes.
    If i choose to spend my money on something that is pricey, i think thats okay.
    I mean i am young and have nothing else to spend it on.
    I think it's fun.
    I have all different kinds of styles.
    it doesnt matter if i like a coach bag, or steve madden shoes, or a 22,000 bag by louis vuitton!
    Price doesn't matter when you really love or want something.
    I just dont like when people have to comment on everything that i say. [/b][/quote]

Pradaromance just misunderstood, that's all.

when I looked at your post, the wording made you sound like you are ordering the $22000 chain handled bag :rolleyes: yeah so I misunderstood, too. :innocent:

10. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

That's true: price really doesn't matter when you really love or want something, HOWEVER! Isn't a $20,000+ handbag a bit on the excessive side for someone so young? Sure, you "don't have anything else to spend your money on," but exactly how is someone so young making that much money to spend anyway? :shock: :shock: :blink: [/b][/quote]
    I don't think it really matters, how ..."someone so young making that much money to spend anyway?". I don't think thats the issue here when we write on all these forums.
    And if I really wanted that $22,000 handbag..... why couldn't I get it?
    I still don't understand why someone so "young" couldn't purchases anything expensive.
    About 90 % of "young" people here in Austin, are the ones that have the nicest and high quality things.
    Most "older" people don't really purchases "name brand" things.
    You don't see that around here....... at least not as much.

11. eastendsnob

eastendsnob New Member

The issue when we're writing in the forums is there is a difference between posting "I would love to have that bag" and writing "I am ordering that bag".

If you're an 18 year old who says the first thing, 90% of us here, old and young, are probably feeling the same thing about a $22,000 bag. We'd love to have it. But it's probably a little excessive for most of our budgets. We feel your longing for the bag and we will now all sympathize together about how life will be empty without it.

If you're an 18 year old who says the second thing, people are inevitably going to question how an 18 year old is getting said $22,000 to squander for a bag.

The issue has never been, as you misunderstood, that 18 year olds, or young people in general, aren't allowed to own such expensive designer things. Just understand that people might question how an 18 year old is going to come up with $22,000 for a bag.

Your daddy is going to buy it? Cool. You are some kind of genius kid who whizzed through university and now has a high paying job at some corporation? Awesome. You're a pop star whose sold a million records? Wicked.

We're probably just not assuming somebody is one of the above, though... so there will probably be doubt in our minds when ya post something like that. And that's why you got the responses you did.

12. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

sorry, also misunderstood and thought you were ordered said 22,000 bag which i didn't understand as i thought you had to preorder them.

13. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

The issue when we're writing in the forums is there is a difference between posting "I would love to have that bag" and writing "I am ordering that bag".

If you're an 18 year old who says the first thing, 90% of us here, old and young, are probably feeling the same thing about a $22,000 bag. We'd love to have it. But it's probably a little excessive for most of our budgets. We feel your longing for the bag and we will now all sympathize together about how life will be empty without it.

If you're an 18 year old who says the second thing, people are inevitably going to question how an 18 year old is getting said $22,000 to squander for a bag.

The issue has never been, as you misunderstood, that 18 year olds, or young people in general, aren't allowed to own such expensive designer things. Just understand that people might question how an 18 year old is going to come up with $22,000 for a bag.

Your daddy is going to buy it? Cool. You are some kind of genius kid who whizzed through university and now has a high paying job at some corporation? Awesome. You're a pop star whose sold a million records? Wicked.

We're probably just not assuming somebody is one of the above, though... so there will probably be doubt in our minds when ya post something like that. And that's why you got the responses you did. [/b][/quote]
    I just don't understand why anybody had to say anything? haha
    I never said I was buying it!
    Thats the funny part.
    And now all these ridiculous issues about how I WOULD PURCHASE SOMETHING VERY EXPENSIVE AT THIS AGE is very un called for.
    Am I the only one who sees that?
    Shouldn't people stick to issue, of how gorgeous the handbag is??
    I also don't like ya'll trying to figure out how I have money.
    I just thought it was rude for eastendsnob to try and figure out how I would have the money to purchase such an item.
    I guess it just isn't odd or weird to me that someone my age could have this much money? It's normal to me?? Everyday life here.

14. metal-on-metal

I think we can all agree that most 18-year-olds don't own a $22,000 handbag and aren't able to afford one on their own. I don't think anyone meant to attack you. There were just confusions and misunderstandings. Don't take it personally, ashley.

I feel like this thread is going around in circles! :wacko:

15. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

I think we can all agree that most 18-year-olds don't own a $22,000 handbag and aren't able to afford one on their own. I don't think anyone meant to attack you. There were just confusions and misunderstandings. Don't take it personally, ashley.

I feel like this thread is going around in circles! :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    Is everyone old in all these forums???
    This is hilarious to me!!! hehe

Would I be in all these forums if I didn't have the money to buy all the handbags I wanted???

What would be the ponit in all this??
    To dream and wonder it would be like to carry a beautiful and expensive handbag?? haha

I like to come here so I can get ideas on new handbags and shoes I would like to purchase. And what people think of it. To get everyones opinions.

I dont come here to just look at new styles. I could pick up a magazine or go to the shop myself.

I will not discuss how my family has money!!! I think that it should never have come up.

I'm not going to list what "expensive things I have for my age". Just so you can "Accept" me!!!

If you only knew!

16. Christopher31

Christopher31 New Member

I don't even think most really rich girls buy 22000 dollar handbags *faint.

17. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

i know we've gone offtopic and i would be glad if we went back on track :P

18. engowalyr

engowalyr New Member

OH MY GOD!!!
    Thats why i will not say anything about my life!
    I don't need to here a sppech on "rich people". I do not like that term.
    You act like its a whole different kind of living, or that "rich people" are different from "other people".
    This is so st*pid!!
    And i think it is rude for you to come to the conclusion that parents dont spend money on their OWN children??!!!
    Guess you had a sucky childhood!!!

19. eastendsnob

eastendsnob New Member

Wow. Just wow. Why do you interpret everything as rude and a personal attack on you?

I am trying to make you see that none of the comments were meant to be rude. I was trying to shed a little insight onto the things people were saying so you could see that no one was trying to attack you.

I wasn't trying to figure out how you have money. If one of those EXAMPLES I gave is the reason you can afford a $22,000 purse, cool. If there is some other reason, that's great too. That's all I was saying. Because, NO, in the world I live in not all 18 year olds have bank accounts that wouldn't feel a dent if $22,000 were debited from them.

And.. you know.. this is just st*pid for me to reply. Because obviously it doesn't matter. Skim through it, find something to interpret as an attack, and take it personally and completely out of context.

20. metal-on-metal

Wow is right. :wacko:

Thank you for getting us back in line, leyla. :flower:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.