Lui December 2015/January 2016 by Luigi & Iango

Avogadro

Reaction score
For the latest takeover of Lui Magazine France, photographer duo Luigi & Iango proves that bringing awareness doesn’t have to be prudish. An all-star line up of gorgeous models jumps in front of the camera for 12 different covers and over 50 pages of editorial content for the special calendar issue of the French-based mag. The biggest names in modeling – Amber Valletta, Anja Rubik, Carolyn Murphy, Daria Strokous, Edita Vilkeviciute, Isabeli Fontana, Jourdan Dunn, Lara Stone, Malgosia Bela, Mariacarla Boscono, Natasha Poly, & Toni Garrn took center stage and vulnerably stripped down in support of beating breast cancer – many for the first time on camera. The expert beauty team of Luigi Murenu and Georgi Sandev do their best work of polishing these already charming beauties with sultry beauty looks. The issue comes with a special calendar for 2016 with sale proceeds going towards the ongoing fight to cure the disease.

Take an exclusive peak at the 12 covers below and be sure to pick up the January issue when it hits newsstands December 3rd.

Photographers:Luigi & Iango (New York: Streeters New York, London: Streeters London, Los Angeles: Streeters Los Angeles)
Stylist : Deborah Afshani
Hair:Luigi Murenu (Streeters New York)
Makeup: Georgi Sandev (Streeters New York)
Makeup for Carolyn Murphy & Anja Rubik:Virginia Young (London: D + V Management , New York: D + V Management)
Nails:Naomi Yasuda (Streeters New York), Sophie A, Honey (Exposure NY), Chloe Desmarchelier (Atomo Management) & Sandrine Bo

models.com

Of course my nearby newsstand will carry Anja's or Daria's and not Edita's. :rolleyes:

Looking forward, also excited about the calendar (home decor 2.0).

Such an amazing selection of girls, i NEED the Jourdan, Amber, Natasha and Edita covers.

I would usually go for Anja too, but not feeling it.

what a casting !
carolyn and amber ? not that they cant work on the same project together ... but im like where are the freaking frenchies ?
and why not do a calendar with these ?

but what happened to lara stone there ?

No Guinevere? I would have expected her in this type of group

(she's never done Lui before. Malgosia has been in it quite a few times, her husband owns Lui.)

Edita looks different here. I thought she was Karmen Pedaru.

I want all:woot:

MALGOSIA COVER! O.M.G. So strong, so powerful! I LOVE IT!
Toni, Mariacarla and Jourdan are so fierce!

I don't care for the other covers. The casting is great but the photoshop makes it a bit bleh...
Lara & Isabeli are the worst ever.

I hope that in 2016, they will work with new photographers. A bit tired of Luigi & Iango.

I HAAATE how much photoshop they apply to their images. It totally looks unreal and I loathe that aesthetic. Particularly with such an incredible cast of models, and range of ages and looks. To homogenize them like this is unforgivable.

With that being said, as surprised as I am to say this (because I'm not really a fan) Isabeli's is my favourite. I love her expression and pose. Very elegant.

Jourdan is also giving me some serious confidence and strong sensuality and I'll happily take that.

Edita's body is impossible.

Damn it! I can't pick one. All of them look SO good. I'm so happy to see Edita in this, she looks amazing.

I mean this in the least prudish way possible, but this airbushed to hell and back nudity is so boring.

seriously? amber's body looks much younger than most models'. the photoshop is out of control.

edita's pose and body is incredible. my pick as the best cover!

Mariacarla = :buzz:
Isabelli = :woot:
Daria = :clap:
Edita = :bounce:
Lara = :heart:
Anja = :cool:
Toni = :P
Amber = :mohawk:
Natasha = :ermm:
Malgosia = :neutral:
Carolyn = :shock:
Jourdan = :sick:

In theory this should be amazing but it's just...not. Is it really so fierce and empowering to gather up twelve models, have almost all of them give identical poses, and not to mention photoshop them to pretty much all have the exact same bodies? They all just sort of blend in.

For me it really has nothing to do with being prudish. But if you're gonna do shoots with nude content like this, at least try harder or think of something different.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a grand reunion for Vogue Paris girls. I like it though. Too much photoshop but that's their aesthetic so nothing unusual about that.

What on earth happened with the layout on Lara's?? It looks like a preview cover! I hate it when a cover looks inconsistent from the rest. I just hate it.

Jourdan, Toni, Edita and MariaCarla's are the BEST:buzz:

Luigi & Iango is to Lui as Miesel is to Vogue Italia. They've done wonders for this magazine. I love Anja's cover but each one is s.e.x.y. Woof.

^^^ haha I love Lara but she's totally channeling M.A.C. sales girl here, when they show up out of the blue wearing 20 layers of make-up and want to start getting creative on your face too (no thanks :mellow:).

I agree the current photographers are too plastic-y, they need to go back to the straight boys aka. Cedric. The ones that don't portray women as barbies or this flawless plastic silhouette so meant to be stared at it's almost asexual :lol:, I mean, it's Lui, more play and less perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->