Luminous, Dewy and Healthy Looking Makeup

^ Out of those I have the Guerlain Meteorites in Mythic. I ended up giving them away because on my skin they showed up as chunky and glittery vs gleaming/glowing.

My favourite powder highlighter by a mile is Meow Cosmetics Crystalline Cat Glow Powder (www.meowcosmetics.com) Check out makeupalley.com for more reviews on highlighters.

I use them and like them, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I've kept mine for so long that I don't think most are still on the market. When I buy makeup it is mostly limited edition anyway. I know MAC carries tons of lotions and powders to achieve this effect, you might want to start there.

*I usually add them as a sheen to my cheekbones, and maybe a light brush across my forehead and down my nose, inner corner of my eye. I'm not sure if I look radiant, but a friend once told me, what blush do you use? I want it! Your cheeks are always so shiny. I decided to take that as a compliment lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Les Meteorites as a regular powder, and the shimmer/glitter doesn't show up on me. That's how I like it. I don't think it does anything for radiance, for that you need your skin to be smooth and pretty much poreless...of course that's not gonna happen :lol: So these "radiance" powders are loaded with shimmer and glitter to achieve that effect. I don't use them, I'm not too fond of people noticing that I'm wearing make up.

Thanks for the input - it didn't occur to me that radiant powder might not be really of a natural glow-y, radiant-from-within look but a shimmery one. I don't want to look glittery, of course.

I don't wear makeup with the exception of concealer and foundation (sometimes), but I don't think the whole "radiant" thing looks too hot. I mean, when I think of sparkles and glittery things I just think of Mariah Carey.. and she's a touch trashy.

I do love the matte look and the whole "no makeup" makeup. I just prefer girls' faces to be as fresh as possible. Natural beauty? Haha.

Highlighters don´t usually have any glitter...They are suppose to mimic the skin´s natural glow.
Of course, if you put too much on people will notice, but products like Guerlains Meteorites (works better on paler skins) or Benefit´s Moon Bean (liquid golden, so it really blends) only add clarity and catch the light, and that makes the skin looks like it´s glowing.
Go to a counter and try different products and see how they work for you.
Like everything in makeup, it´s trial and error and not all the products suit all the people.

And you are only supposed to highlight parts of your face where the light usually strikes not the whole face.

It´s more natural than matte if you ask me, because it makes you look like more natural than the whole powdery look.
Most babies and children have this radiant skin naturally...

bebe.jpg

pic from http://bompravc.com.br

eva-longoria-bebe-sports.jpg

futilidade.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ thanks, that's what I was talking about - not sparkles and glitter, but a sort of radiance from within, via makeup.

jadedskies, I merged this thread with an existing one about getting a luminous look using makeup. I know you asked specifically about powders, but you might also find some other answers here :flower:

What a great thread! I will have to go read through all these pages and look for a few tips and products to try.

I've been using Benefit's High Beam but am a bit disappointed in the metallic pink effect... am still looking, unfortunately.

girls..what is the best pink blush to get a sort of babydoll-ish cheeks
i don't want a pink shade that is too thick or prominent. just a hint of healthy pink glow
i've been using this bodyshop shimmer-wave blush but i want to try something new

thanks in advance !

I suggest MAC Dollymix blush, NARS Desire or NARS Crazed for a bright pink blush. They all look crazy bright in the pan but if you apply lightly they look very pretty and you can of course apply more to get a more flushed/feverish/doll/Snow White look.

For a cream blush and something more subdued, I like Becca Turkish Rose. It's more a pink-nude but looks very natural.

I've been using Benefit's High Beam but am a bit disappointed in the metallic pink effect... am still looking, unfortunately.

It's probably been mentioned already on this thread, but have you tried MAC Strobe cream? It's the perfect subtle pink glow, not metallic, more sheeny.

girls..what is the best pink blush to get a sort of babydoll-ish cheeks
i don't want a pink shade that is too thick or prominent. just a hint of healthy pink glow
i've been using this bodyshop shimmer-wave blush but i want to try something new

thanks in advance !

Adding to Joie's list, try MAC Pink Swoon (inexpensive dupe of NARS Desire), The Body Shop Pink Raspberry, Bobbi Brown Pale Pink (brighter than the name suggests), and for cream blush, Stila Fuschia.

For a more subdued pink try Chanel Narcisse, Benefit Dandelion, and MAC Well-dressed.

It's probably been mentioned already on this thread, but have you tried MAC Strobe cream? It's the perfect subtle pink glow, not metallic, more sheeny.

I must check this out - and I will. :heart:

Thank you.

For pink dolly cheeks, which is my day to day favorite look, I use either Bobbi Brown Peony Blush (powder) or the best thing I've ever found, Posie Tint by Benefit. I cannot tell you how good this stuff is, it gives a really beautiful ruddy pink on your cheeks, very english rose, try it!

^ ahh i've been looking all over for it here i think it's either out of stock or it did not arrive yet ;(
but is it easy to apply when i'm putting compact powder??

GasolineRainbow
thankyou so much ! i wrote them down to try them all as soon as possible :wink:

You should apply it over foundation, and then put your powder over it. I bought mine from the american website, so I got it for much cheaper than i've ever paid over here in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->